Induction question!

londonangel

Reaction score
Morning ladies (or afternoon or evening, depending where you all are!).

Has anyone had a previous induction at 41 weeks? I went 12 days overdue last time so am anticipating this baby will go overdue as well. I'm due on Saturday and my parents are coming tomorrow and staying until I'm 8 days overdue so if I happen to go into labour during that time they can look after Eleanor - have told Mum not to get her hopes up as Eleanor was so tardy.

Last time was a bit of a nightmare as although I went into labour on my own, it was the day I was due to be induced and I ended up having my waters broken, being put on a syntocinon drip that baby hated (heartrate plummeted) so I ended up flat on back on bed with monitor strapped to me until baby arrived. Then once she arrived the placenta wouldn't come out as it was knackered and falling apart. Eventually it was removed in theatre after previous attempts at manual removal failed.

I have my hospital consultant appointment this afternoon and was told last week I should discuss induction date today as I went overdue last time. I am wondering if I should ask for it to be set at 41 weeks exactly if I go overdue. I'm not keen on being induced but I'm wondering if that will mean the placenta won't be so knackered and will therefore be more likely to come out by itself.

Anyone had a successful induction at 41 weeks? Overall I am a bit scared of induction (from experiences of some people I know - which I won't go into).

Thanks in advance!

My first induction was at 38 weeks and my second at late 39 weeks. For the most part my second one was much quicker and smoother - but not without some issues.

But for the most part much much quicker!

I was induced at 41 weeks. Went to the hospital at 40+6 weeks at night and had the tablet until morning. I think my cervix was favorable which is why the tablet worked. In the morning my waters were bulging and they were able to break them. By 11 am I was at 7cm then by noon or shortly after I was fully dilated without pitocin. I was administered pitocin later on but all in all my active labor was around 6 hours. I was worried but I think i was in "early labor" while on the way to the hospital as I was getting some serious contractions!

Asked about induction and consultant told me they will not induce until I am at least ten days overdue so they have set it at 40+12 like they usually do. Hopefully baby will arrive before then though! Thank you for your replies ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->