Induction scheduled :'(

wlovew

Reaction score
I'm relieved and sad at the same time. My doctor said she would send me tomorrow but she wants to be there and she will be on call this weekend so she asked that I wait for Saturday morning. I go in at 5am. Since I'm already dilated (tho still only to 2cm) I won't have to go the night before and spend the night while they ripen my cervix with gel. I will go in early Saturday morning and go straight onto pitocin. I haven't been scared this entire time until now. I've heard nothing but awful stories about pitocin. :cry: The NST today was gorgeous, Vivian is completely content and has plenty of fluid which I was happy about but selfishly wished maybe the fluid might be low so would be induced today... At least it's on the calendar and I know by Monday I'll have my baby girl in my arms finally. It's been a long road. I hope I can get some sleep before the big day. :cry: I feel like my body has failed me or something. :nope:

2cm is really good, there's every chance you could go into labour before your induction date so don't lose hope just yet! Hope everything goes smoothly either way :)

I agree, you still have some time! 2 cm is a great start :)
And if not, you will be holding her by Monday, just as you said.
Good luck! Wishing you an easy delivery!!

Petocin is not all that bad but I never had natural contractions and have nothing to compare it to. My water broke and I had to be induced too. Don't think of it as your body failed rather your little girl was too comfy to want to come out...I did. :flower:

Pitocin isn't that bad. Your cervix sounds favorable, so I don't think you have to worry about it being much worse than regular labor. Good luck!

I was given pitocin I had an epidural first because I was already in a lot of pain and well I was on pitocin for a little while and I was 10 before I knew it ready to push. I didn't have a bad experience with it at all and that was my first time ever getting that to speed things along

I was 2 cm and had my waters broken..... You will be fine xxxxxx

Yes, first thing my doctor wants to do is break my waters in the morning. Hoping that jumpstarts something!

I am so in shock and awe this morning that this is my last day here at home by myself...with just my cats. Things are about to change soooo dramatically and I am soooo ready for it!! I'm just.... wow.... am I dreaming??? I am going to do some hardcore cleaning today and get everything in place for when I come home with my little girl! Hoping my cats stay out of her swing if I bring it out. It's in her room and it will be used out in the living room. I can just imagine my cat, Sahara, thinking OH LOOK, GUYS, SHE GOT US A NEW BED! lol I need to go to Costco and stock up on food to last me the first few weeks.... I have this super annoying ant problem - they're coming in because of the drought and they are just randomly ALL OVER my home!!!! Just found a few on my couch. No food anywhere, they're just creeping around looking for water. The bathrooms are the worst. I hate ants!! Better than spiders, tho. Omg.... wow.... last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck I am really happy for you. Your going to do great!

THANK YOU SOOOO EVERYONE FOR YOUR POSITIVE VIBES!!!!!!! I am now more excited than nervous. This is what our bodies are built for!!! That's the attitude I've had all along and I'm sticking to it!! XOXOXOXOXO I cannot wait to show pics of my baby girl, Vivian Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been thinking of you all morning I hope everything is going good!

Been here on pitocin 8 hours now and just got the epidural! Nap time!!! I'll post pics when baby comes!!!! XOXOXOXO TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->