Induction tomorrow..... Terrified :-(

jobiem

Reaction score
Well tomorrow I will be 13 days overdue so I am booked in for induction at 8:30 and im terrified. I had my daughter naturally 2 years ago (although she was 9 days late) with just gas and air and found the whole birth experience awful as I ended up having an episiotomy and ventouse delivery as she had a large head and got stuck. The thought of induction scares me so much as i have heard and read even on NHS website that induction is more painful than sponteanous natural labour as it is more intense. I found it painful enough the first time around so how will i cope this time? I had a growth scan a couple of days ago and this baby too has a big head and is on the large size too so im really freaking out now. Has anyone had an induction that wasnt that bad? Ive had two sweeps and am 2cms dilated so will this make things any easier? Im trying to keep calm for babys sake but just feel SO anxious :-( xxxx

I had an induction the first time round and to be honest it wasn't that bad - I did the delivery just on gas and air and my little one was back to back. Don't get me wrong, it was painful but nothing that I couldn't cope with. Son was 8lb 7 when born so was a good size as well.

I'm probably going to be induced this time too.

Aww good luck. I was induced last time at 40 weeks. Needs one pessary and then they broke my waters. If you are already 2cm hopefully they can just break waters straight away. I never needed the iv drip.

Thanks for your replies its nice to hear some positive induction stories as everything i have heard so far just scares the life out of me! Xxx

I'm in the process now and ur already ahead of me! The pessary is on the same level as a smear and u may just get ur waters broke!! I came in yesterday in a massive emotional mess lol panicked! And I have to say its nowhere near as bad as I expected!! It's fear or the unknown! Don't panick u'll do great am sure! Good luck xxx

I was induced with my first at 40+4. Nothing really kicked off until theu broke my waters at 41 just some mild contractions. But didnt dilate until the waters went. And i didnt find it bad at all :) i mean youve gotta expect some pain. The more tense you are, the more it will hurt as your muscles are all tensed up too. Try and get yourself really relaxed.

I don't have any stories to share, but wanted to say good luck and try your best to relax! (I'm sure easier said than done!).
I'm excited for you that you get to meet your little one soon!!! Sending hugs your way :)

I too had a terrible labour with my first, has and air, episiotomy, large baby (9lb 6oz) and shoulder dystocia got completely stuck.....after growth scans this time I was induced at 37 weeks due to large baby again with a head that couldn't be used to predict weight as it was off the chart......anyway that was last week and despite also dreading it the induction was absolutely amazing. I had the pessary which got me from not dilated at all to 2-3cm then artificial rupture of membranes with controlled head (due to high head) irregular contractions got me to 4cm and then I had syntocinon which got me into established labour and 3.5 hours later my baby was born vaginally despite a high risk of shoulder dystocia.

Please don't be worried! Xx

I'm in the process now and ur already ahead of me! The pessary is on the same level as a smear and u may just get ur waters broke!! I came in yesterday in a massive emotional mess lol panicked! And I have to say its nowhere near as bad as I expected!! It's fear or the unknown! Don't panick u'll do great am sure! Good luck xxx

Thank you Nic! Hope it all goes ok for you and your baby is here soon! I feel the same as you say you felt and just in a blind panic so hopefully i will manage to calm down. Xxxx

I too had a terrible labour with my first, has and air, episiotomy, large baby (9lb 6oz) and shoulder dystocia got completely stuck.....after growth scans this time I was induced at 37 weeks due to large baby again with a head that couldn't be used to predict weight as it was off the chart......anyway that was last week and despite also dreading it the induction was absolutely amazing. I had the pessary which got me from not dilated at all to 2-3cm then artificial rupture of membranes with controlled head (due to high head) irregular contractions got me to 4cm and then I had syntocinon which got me into established labour and 3.5 hours later my baby was born vaginally despite a high risk of shoulder dystocia.

Please don't be worried! Xx

Thank you! :) i really hope i have an easier birth this time too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back