Induction, What to expect?

MotherBear199

Reaction score
I am Term+5 days, and I've tried absolutely everything to get this baby :baby: moving! I've had 2 Sweeps with no luck. :cry:
I have a consultant appointment tomorrow which I'm hoping I'll be asked to either come in tomorrow night or Friday morning for induction, every midwife I have spoken to has said they will induce me this weekend otherwise I will be in Christmas eve which to be perfectly honest is not what I want to happen. My brother in law is flying home to Australia boxing day. Its the first time hes been home in over 2 years and i'd love him to meet his nephew before going home. This is my first child and first baby in the family.
At 39 weeks+3 my baby was weighing 7lb12oz and was healthy according to ultrasound.

Does anyone think I will be induced this weekend? and If so what do i expect?

Many Thanks :kiss:

I have been induced twice and it took a while to get things going both times! I had the pessaries put in every 8 hours and when this got me dilated they broke the waters and put me on the drip to start the contractions. My only advice is keep moving and try and steer clear of the pain med until really necessary! I started having contractions that became regular and as soon as I took the pain med they gave me everything died down. Good luck!

I was 2cm dilated and 50% effaced Sunday when i had my first sweep too.
I'm at the stage now where I don't care how much its going to hurt, I just want to finally meet and cuddle my Prince! I haven't really been worried about the pain of labour all the way through but after hearing that being induced can be more painful I felt a tad nervous.
Thanks for your help :flower:

Make sure you read as much as you can on induction before hand. There's some great articles balancing everything up :) some people have really straight forward inductions, many don't and need other interventions. I've done a ton of reading and will be refusing induction, but everyone is different and as long as you know what it involves and what the risks vs benefits are then whatever you decide will be perfect for you :D

I just googled induction risks and benefits and read the research :) remember it's a medical intervention and won't be the same as just going into spontaneous labour. Tons of information out there and studies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->