Induction when already dilated...

pebbie1

Mum to Marielle & Markus
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
I'm being induced this Friday due to
Bp problems. I was induced with my girl at 38 weeks due to bp problems as well. My cervix was hard, closed and high and I got the pessary.
This time round I had a sweep yesterday and my cervix was soft, he could feel my waters bulging and I'm 3cm dilated. I don't think the sweep is working, so induction it is.
Will they still use the pessary now or will they just break my waters? I've only had a few contractions but they seem to come and go and are not getting stronger. Would contractions start after my waters have broken?

I would guess they will break your waters. The pessary is only to soft and open so if you already are then no need for it. I had one pessary and they broke my waters and contractions started. Never needed the drip.

With my first when I was induced that's how I was I remember them first putting something in so idk for sure. I always dialate weeks early and go lat but I'm being induced early with lil man and I'm hopping to be induced that way

I was wondering this same question. I am also being induced this Friday and was 2 1/2 cm when I was checked. The Dr. did a sweep and have been having loads of contractions and plug loss which makes me think that I am dialating more. So I also wondered if they would even need to do much on Friday.

It does make sense to not have the pessary first as we are already dilated? I had the pessary last time and they said next step was breaking my waters as soon as I was dilated enough.
I hope they'll just break my waters as from my waters breaking till my daughter being born was 3.5 hours! :)
Soon5kids exciting your in Friday as well! Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->