Infacol & Gaviscon.

Thanx tabs, I was giving Ollie the infacol immediately before his feed so thank you for that x

Infant Gaviscon IS available over the counter here... you just have to ask for it!!!! And it DOESN'T thicken the feed apparently (according to my HV, GP & pharmacist!)

The active ingredients of Infant Gaviscon are not absorbed into the bloodstream. Instead they work by reacting with the stomach contents to form a gel. This gel thickens the stomach contents, making it more difficult for them to be refluxed back into the food pipe and be regurgitated.

Infacol's active ingredient is Simeticone (activated dimeticone) which is an antifoaming agent to relieve flatulence. It also does not get absorbed into your baby's body.

The pharmacist advised me that you can use both together quite safely, but try to give the infacol about 20-30 mins BEFORE the feed for it to work properly.

Interesting - thankyou!
Although trying to give an on demand, BF baby something 20 minutes before a feed is a skill in itself!!!

Infant Gaviscon IS available over the counter here... you just have to ask for it!!!! And it DOESN'T thicken the feed apparently (according to my HV, GP & pharmacist!)

The active ingredients of Infant Gaviscon are not absorbed into the bloodstream. Instead they work by reacting with the stomach contents to form a gel. This gel thickens the stomach contents, making it more difficult for them to be refluxed back into the food pipe and be regurgitated.

Infacol's active ingredient is Simeticone (activated dimeticone) which is an antifoaming agent to relieve flatulence. It also does not get absorbed into your baby's body.

The pharmacist advised me that you can use both together quite safely, but try to give the infacol about 20-30 mins BEFORE the feed for it to work properly.

Interesting - thankyou!
Although trying to give an on demand, BF baby something 20 minutes before a feed is a skill in itself!!!

I know what you mean... Morgan's fed on-demand (albeit FF) so the only way I could do it was to keep an eye on the time, and think about what time she last fed and when she's most likely to want feeding again, and just try and work out what time was best to give her the infacol....

Didn't always work out, and could be hit and miss, but all you can do is try!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->