Info/video- how to properly bind/splint your belly after birth (muscle separation)

aliss

Reaction score
I was posting in a diastasis thread on 2nd tri and figured this video would be of use to many of you here who have a diastasis/will have diastasis. There is a lot of talk about whether belly binding works after birth or not - the answer is YES, it does, because it helps you to work to close your abdominal separation after birth by restricting certain muscles and using others more effectively.

The problem is that there are 'gimmicky' stomach binders out there - and effective ones. Some cost $100 and don't work as well as a $1 piece of cloth. Since most new moms do not have $100 to blow on a useless piece of fabric, I have a video here to show you how to use a proper splint, whether you buy a premade one or use fabric.

Good luck! I also used her diastasis rehab program and went from 4 fingers, facing surgery, to under 1 finger gap in 3 months :smug: I was still 4 fingers after my 1st child and made it worse by doing P90X Ab Ripper X. Her program really worked!

[youtube]eoi9xJEPdAk[/youtube]

Where do you buy these splints from?

You can either make your own with simple fabric (I bought mine from a physio store) or you can buy her premade ones at https://www.maternalfitness.com (if you are in the US, otherwise its financially not really worth it with shipping, you can get it at a local physio/fitness store instead)

I'm not in the US either so I just made my own with a roll of fabric :) It works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->