information on being induced plz if u know anything

Melisa1985

Reaction score
Will doctors usually induce u for medical reasons?? Like example I suffer from severe anxiety and panick, which I controlled really well most of my pregnancy without any medication, but now it became really bad and uncontrolable & I'm suffering. Went asking for pills & was told nothing they could give me to work instantly it wouldnt be safe for baby & stuff thats safe takes at least 3-4 weeks to start working & they rather not even start it bc of the baby. I'm suffering really bad, anyone that has suffered from panic attacks or anxiety would understand. I thought about asking my doctor to be induced ASAP. do u think he would approve early inductiom for this reason?? how safe is being induced?? how does it work?? when u are induced is it a slower process than if i was to go alone?? please any information would be helpful especially if you been induced before and know the process. how long would it take after inducing me to start feeling pain and to dialate to certain point in order to be able to get an epidural?? i really hope my doctor would approve it. i need to get back on pills because im suffering and icant bc of the baby. i think the anticipation of labor coming is making my panic so much worse. Plus im so dizzy on daily bases & doctor cant seem to figure out why.

I don't have all of the info that you are looking for, but did want to put the little that I have. My midwife agreed to induce me at 39 weeks with DD because I had an irritable uterus for 9 weeks and literally went into labor every night. She could tell that this was taking a toll on me because it was keeping me from sleeping and causing enough pain that my BP was gradually going up (but was not in a danger zone). I went naturally the day before my induction was scheduled, though, so don't have any info on the process for you. Just wanted to let you know that some doctors will consider induction if the strain on the mother is too much to bear.

I was induced at 27 weeks. It took 4 days for anything to start and then I had constant contractions for 2 hours and delivered then. I had no pain before that and what I did have for the 2 hours was constant, but not really all that painful, more uncomfortable than anything. You'll have to ask your doctor if they are willing to induce you. It really depends on the doctor.

I don't think they will induce for that reason and I'm sorry! I suffer for those as well but at the begining I made it clear to my dr I needed something it wasn't fair to my other kids.

I was induced with my first took hrs n she was here as labor it verys on the person

I was induced at 36+5 with dd1 due to severe pre-e. She was born at 37 weeks after a second induction at 36+6. Once my waters broke she was here 6 hours later.

My hospital induced to due to the danger to mine and baby's health. I'm not sure if they would do it for non-pregnancy related conditions. In my case the placenta needed to be delivered before I got any worse. You will only know if you ask them.

I dont really know about whether they would induce for this reason.

It definitely varies where you are too.

all I want to say though is that if you are induced, try not to worry too much, I had an induction with my first and it went really well.

Good luck x

most doctors and hospitals only want to induce if it is medically necessary as in the baby is not thriving or its dangerous for the mother. unfortunately i dont think anxiety and panic attacks would count for that. ive heard good and bad stories regarding inductions such as being induced raises your chances at needing a csection and it takes longer but i also know people that were induced and went quick..it looks like you only have a couple weeks left so you may want to try to hang in there

I was induced at 38 weeks due to suspected pre eclampsia. I went in on a Sunday night and my daughter was born on a Tuesday morning. I was in active labor for 26 hrs. Made it to 10cm and baby failed to descend so I ended up in emergency csection. I hated the induction . It was aweful for me. Wouldn't repeat it. However if you have a compassionate dr I don't see why he wouldn't induce you. In your case I would push for it as it affects you and baby's well being.

I SO so so don't want to be induced. It terrifies me. Your bodys not ready and it takes a long time to dialate. I know several ppl that needed induction, and they weren't good experiences. All ended up having csections. Sucks about your anxiety, but you're only a few weeks away. I'm 39+4 and am miserable. Sticking it out. I'm hoping she comes before talks of induction :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->