Ingrowing toe nail

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I am now 29 and have over the years from my teens had ingrowing toenails. I remember in my teens I had pus at one point and I sorted it all myself etc. My toe next to my big toe atm is sore. Its not at the top of the nail where it normally is but at the side next to my big toe, its a stingy feeling and is red and may be a bit swollen. I cant feel any nail inside at the top which is growing up. I tried to cut my nail down the side but my toenails are quite petite so that hasnt worked this time. Lol. I managed to put a bit of cotton wool under the bit of nail left on the one side but not enough nail growth to keep cotton there. I had a phobia of needles but am okay with blood tests now and also had c section no probs and spinal was fine! But thought that if I go the doctors and I have to have procedure on it terrifies me! I love my toes and in summer love painting nails and wearing sandals and am thinking they may remove whole nail as nail is small anyway! And I walk to and from work and have had enough time off for various reasons since maternity so could do without having more!

Anyone had experience of procedure or sorted problem yourself?

Xx

i had an ingrown toe nail when i was young and had a huge fear of docs,hospitals so neva told my parebts until it got badly infected and swollen and eventuly told them, i had to go to hospital and they didnt even numb it just wiped it got a thin metal kind if knife and cut it out, really painful procedure, couldnt u ask for a numbing cream are something?

They didnt numb it really?!! Thats shocking. I believed they injected the base of the toe. I didn have a bit of an infection when I was younger and I cleared it up myself and never had one since. Lol.

Well I looked on the NHS site and one of the suggestions to try was soaking foot in water and then using a cotton bud to push skin back away from the nail which I tried the night before last and it actually worked! My to is a little red still but doesnt hurt anymore. I couldnt do it again last night due to going to see family but I will be doing it again tonight and on a regular basis to help. I am going to do it with all my other nails also. My one big toe nail is quite arched (not horrible looking though lol) due to it ingrowin when I was younger but I have no problems with it now.

I am deffo gonna keep on the ball with these now to prevent any further! Lol.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->