Ingrown toenail

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
I think Paige has an ingrown toenail. The outside of her right big toenail is painful to rouch and looks like there is a teeny amount of pus in that area.
I have just got her a doctors appointment for next week, but I cant think if they will actually do anything? I hace the worst experience with ingrown toenails (I ended up getting them totally removed so now have none!) and I wouldn't wish the pain on my worst enemy, never mind my daughter. Definitely worse than labour pain IMO!

Anyway, is there anything I can do to help? She is a wimp, and panics at anything that hurts in the slightest.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Could just try only cutting the nail straight across not rounded off and bathe in boiled then cooled down salt water to help with the possible infection until you see the Dr. My dad had both removed too.

Could just try only cutting the nail straight across not rounded off and bathe in boiled then cooled down salt water to help with the possible infection until you see the Dr. My dad had both removed too.

Will try that, thanks... But she picks at her nails all the time, hopefully she will get the message and stop! My dad also had his removed, and I heard somewhere that it can be a genetic thing, so we are more predisposed to it... Could be wrong though!

I get ingrowing toenails and now go to a chiropodist every 6 weeks who cuts them for me (I am not allowed to cut my feet) she cuts them straight files and then takes out the shards at the sides with pliers. It no longer hurts as she makes sure they dont get too bad (they only hurt if I try and pick at them).

When I do get them I soak at lot in salt water to draw the infection out as well (not happened for ages) and that does really help as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->