ingrown toenail?

samface182

mummy to two boys.
Reaction score
i've had a really sore big toe for about 2 days, it's red and really sensitive. i think it's an ingrown toenail. is there any way of treating this myself without going to the doctor?

TIA x

Ouchy, sounds like it to me hun. I had one last year and as I was standing all day at work, it got worse quickly. Finally went to the doctors and got given antibiotics and told to soak it in salt warm water, it was fine within a week or 2. Not to sure if you can buy over the counter things for it so would suggest seeing your doc x

I get ingrowing toenails on both of my big toes and they hurt like hell :cry::hugs::hugs:

I'm really naughty with mine - they really should be seen by a chiropodist but there are always more important things to spend my money on .... Luckily I don't seem to get infections with mine, so I (very carefully) use sharp blade to cut down the length of the nail and then remove the ingrowing part from the cuticle up with a pair of tweezers.

I'm not actually recommending this ... it isn't exactly safe, it hurts beyond belief and it's a very delicate operation but it does relieve it until the nail grows back again :shrug:

I had an ingrown toenail. Soaks and whatnot will keep the infection away but the only way to remove the ingrown part is surgery. Its not too bad of a procedure. Mine took maybe 10 minutes. After the surgery they wrap the toe and have you soak each night till healed. They aren't supposed to become ingrown again after surgery but mine did... heh. They are a huge pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->