inhaler!

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
I cant get him to take his this bloody Inhaler! we have the spacer think and its al cute with little bears on it but he just wont let me put it on his face!!

I'v tryed letting him play with it first, iv tryed showing him how mammy does it, it tryed just shoving it on his face (to which he screams and holds his breath) iv tryed doing it in his sleep he takes it better but still moves about way too much, so doing it in his sleep seems to be the best option but the thing is he needs it every time he gets weezy and unfortunatly thats when hes playing around most!! he needs 5 puffs every time he has it trying to get one in to him is a nightmare! Any Ideas/Tips?!

Sounds awful but while he is screaming he will breath some in ...my daughter who is now 8 so its hard to remember exactly but when she was little she used to sqirm and cry and i was told not to force he but try it little and often until she got used to it ....what inhaler is it ? u see the blue one doesnt matter how much and how often but the brown one is a preventor so needed twice aday i split her brown one to 1 puff 4 x day until she got used to it x

I had one of those spacer things with Ewan, we used to try and make a game of it, teddy would try it and then Ewan would try it, We called it Mr. Sniffy!! And if he kept it on we would make a reallly big fuss of him, it was probably slightly easier as he was about a yr to 18 months old and he would get breathless after running around when he had a cold.
We did have to do it when he was screaming sometimes which is horrible, but if he gets just a couple of breaths then at least something is going in.

Sounds awful but while he is screaming he will breath some in ...my daughter who is now 8 so its hard to remember exactly but when she was little she used to sqirm and cry and i was told not to force he but try it little and often until she got used to it ....what inhaler is it ? u see the blue one doesnt matter how much and how often but the brown one is a preventor so needed twice aday i split her brown one to 1 puff 4 x day until she got used to it x

he's got the blue one its just too help him breath but his breathing is so bad at the moment he needs 5 puffs everytime he takes it!

Then put a few more in so its stronger so he gets what he needs (they cant overdose on ventolin) if his breathin is so bad i would ask about a preventor inhaler (brown) instead of just a reliver as then his breathing should hopefully improve x

oh poor charlie, maddi has the same sort of inhaler but takes it well, i just lay her down and distract her whilst i pop it over her face, can't suggest anything else other than what you've said honey, do hope he takes it better and feels better soon :hugs: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->