initials issue!

autumn_leaves

Reaction score
so i really love the name "blake" for a baby girl...but my last name starts with a "j". would it be cruel to let a baby girl's initials be "BJ"
people have dirty minds!

that is a wierdly big issue

I wanted to call my son Billy but with his middle name (the name he goes by) Jake it would spell BJ

if you love the name then go for it i doubt it will effect things that badly overall as the surname is often not abbreviated (unless monogrammed) and if you add a middle name it will break it up

example:

Blake J..... = B.J
Blake Louise J..... = B.L.J

my son ended up as C.J instead lol

I some times wish we had used Billy instead though, now i need to have 3 little boys to use all the names i love (and a 4th for the name my partner loves lol)

thank you for the reply...it would be "blake nicole j" so maybe it wont be so bad but as she grows, we know how cruel other kids can be!!!!!

Have to say I'm with you...kids are mean and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care about middle name, she would just be BJ! Shame because Blake is such a cute name for a girl. I really like it but my OH isn't keen.. Any chance you could persuade your hubby to change his last name hahaha

Def don't do initials bj... Kids are super mean. Blake is mostly a boys name here in my opinion, too, so having that plus bj would really give kids ammo... Of course I like Blake for a girl, just not a fan of the initials :)

I personally wouldnt choose the name blake because of the initials ... kids in school arent going to knlw her middle name and I would be shocked if she got through school without someone picking up on "BJ" ...especially with a girl I would avoid it :p shame though as it is lovely

I know a female Blake and it's such an awesome name on a girl!!! but the BJ may be a problem.... I dunno...that yellow dinosaur thing on Barney is called BJ?

None of her classmats are going to care about her middle name, so it's not going to break anything up. As much as you love the name, I would personally avoid it because you WILL be sparing your daughter future teasing and that would be more important to me than loving a name.

I got teased at school because i had the initials of a famous author (parents could never see that coming)

look at it logically, actual children wont have a clue what it means so she will be fine until high school and the it depends on personality and popularity - also staying in the same area massively minimizes bullying, i never got bullied until i moved town then i got beaten up daily because i was suddenly dropped into a new environment with a bunch of people that didn't know me half way though high school (when people of already form groups and dont like new people) :cry:

I would avoid BJ. I'm being careful about initials - one of our choices gives baby the initials ELF & we're not keen on that!

Initial nicknames, in my world anyway, come from the first and middle name... (J.J. Abrams, for example) not the first and last. Besides, It wont happen unless you initiate it... if it just happened out of the blue, everyone would be known by their initials and not their names... if that makes sense?

I personally say no. When in daycare they use initials. Also if you have a jacket or clothes and you want to initial them it would indeed say BJ. Also monogrammed things would seem to be completely out.

look at it logically, actual children wont have a clue what it means so she will be fine until high school

this is SO inaccurate. there are plenty of elementary children who know what a blowjob is. if they knew it when i was in school, they'll certainly know it now.

look at it logically, actual children wont have a clue what it means so she will be fine until high school

this is SO inaccurate. there are plenty of elementary children who know what a blowjob is. if they knew it when i was in school, they'll certainly know it now.

im not sure about american/canadian schools but you start high school over here at 11/12 :wacko: maybe the kids i grew up with where just more innocent lol but even knowing about sex at 11 and under i wouldn't of know what a blow job was

I would avoid BJ. I'm being careful about initials - one of our choices gives baby the initials ELF & we're not keen on that!

I really like elf! But then i love nicknames (as a term of endearment) no one in my office actually gets called by their real name!

BJ is a little unfortunate though and unless you double barrell her first name kids will just drop the middle name!

im not sure about american/canadian schools but you start high school over here at 11/12 :wacko: maybe the kids i grew up with where just more innocent lol but even knowing about sex at 11 and under i wouldn't of know what a blow job was

high school here is usually ages 14/15-18

I would pick a different name. :( Im sorry. I think Blake is often associated with being a boy's name, so having a so-called boy's name plus the initials BJ might not be fun for her growing up.
I had a friend who's initials were B.O. and she got teased.
My mom almost named me Vanessa, but our last name started with D and she didn't want my initials to be V.D. (which as it turns out, isnt an abbreviation that is used or well known anymore.) There's a chance maybe the next generation won't know what a BJ is or may have a different word for it, but I doubt it.

Also, I dont think it matter when high school starts; at some age kids will learn what a BJ is :shrug:

good morning, and thank you ladies for all the replies!!! you have helped me decide to (sadly) ditch blake and brainstorm for a new name. :coffee:
have a great day!

I would pick a different name. :( Im sorry. I think Blake is often associated with being a boy's name, so having a so-called boy's name plus the initials BJ might not be fun for her growing up.
I had a friend who's initials were B.O. and she got teased.
My mom almost named me Vanessa, but our last name started with D and she didn't want my initials to be V.D. (which as it turns out, isnt an abbreviation that is used or well known anymore.) There's a chance maybe the next generation won't know what a BJ is or may have a different word for it, but I doubt it.

Also, I dont think it matter when high school starts; at some age kids will learn what a BJ is :shrug:

I think VD is still pretty common but i think the meaning changed a bit - though it bugs me when people use it wrong though lol

there's a big difference between VD (yeast infections/cystitis - affecting all age not necessarily sex related) and STIs (infections caught from unprotected sex)

guess im just bugged by odd things though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->