Initials

Tasha

4kids+2angels+16mc
Reaction score
I know these threads come up quite often but was just wondering if you would change because of the word initials spell out?

I have finally found a name I love and it beings with I, the middle name was always R and our surname is A, so IRA. Which is obviously horrid, but I love both names so much :(

What to dooooooooooo? :dohh:

I would still go for it tbh x

Do you use initials often?

I wouldn't use those initials, nowadays I only use my first and last initial regularly (on work memos etc) but at school I used all three as did most people. I do think it matters tbh, random initials are fine as are positive meaningful ones ("JOY") but negative meaningful ones are a no no for me personally.

will kids even get the reference now, with 9/11 etc... the IRA arnt really thought of as a huge terror threat with kids now a days

Gotta admit - I'm clueless as to how IRA would be "horrid" initials??

I would still go for it tbh x

Do you use initials often?

Never used my children's initials at all and I can't ever think of a time I've used mine it's always N *surname*

Great point, thank you!

I wouldn't use those initials, nowadays I only use my first and last initial regularly (on work memos etc) but at school I used all three as did most people. I do think it matters tbh, random initials are fine as are positive meaningful ones ("JOY") but negative meaningful ones are a no no for me personally.

I totally see your point! It's so hard.

will kids even get the reference now, with 9/11 etc... the IRA arnt really thought of as a huge terror threat with kids now a days

Another great point.

I really love this first name and the middle name means sooooo much to me! I don't want to add another name into the equation just because either

Gotta admit - I'm clueless as to how IRA would be "horrid" initials??

Well that's good, because the more people who don't get the connection means it's less of a problem!

IRA were a terrorists organisation

Not in Northern Ireland where im from, no way! Sorry :(

I didnt know what the intitials stood for... i dont think initials matter unless its like BUM lol. Either way, someone somewhere will find a connection to what the intitials stand for haha. I only noticed my intitials stood for MeatBalls... but so what? :) :) x

I'd go for it, most people very rarely use their initials and even then she can just use 'IA'

To be honest unless it pointed out to kids they aren't really going to notice.
If I really liked a name I wouldn't change it because of the initials.

My sons initials are JCB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"