injection to deliver placenta?

I've been told to have the injection because I retained placenta last time?

Interesting. This injection must be a UK thing? I've never had one with any of my three hospital births in the United States, and my placentas came out within five to ten minutes of birth without problems. I've also worked in labor and delivery here during school and never saw injections given to other moms either. We would just massage the top of their uterus until the placenta delivered. It's interesting to hear how different things can be in different countries (for example--we don't have gas and air here either).

I don't want it but hospital policy is that if your placenta isn't out within 30 mins then you get it. I have a feeling I'll be battling quite a bit to get the birth I want so I'm happy to give in after half an hour and let them give it to me if it makes them happy!

A really really interesting thread, thank you.

I had the injection last time as I pushed for a while and lost blood when baby came out.

We then tried for 2 hours to remove the placenta but had to have it manually removed in hospital with a spinal block. Not a good end to what had been a relatively good midwife led birth. I have an appointment with a consultant nearer the time to discuss the best option for me. SO for me it seemed that having it may have caused me to retain my placenta, but at the time was the correct decision based on my blood loss.

Rx

So, some doctors do this as a routine procedure?! Surprise, surprise!!! More drugs to "help" our bodies! Why can't they just let nature run its course and give our bodies a chance to do what they're programmed to do. I understand that sometimes "help" is needed for medical reasons, but to inject drugs as a routine procedure sounds like a terrible idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->