Injections and illness

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has his 3rd set of jabs on Wednesday, but not sure if I should cancel it or not. He has a cold that's been going on for 2 weeks now, with no sign of a let up. It's sitting right at the back of his throat. He had a nice big feed this morning and the whole lot came straight back up in one go, green snot and all!! In fact, perhaps I should be cancelling the jabs and booking him in to be checked by the docs. What do you think? He has no temp and is fine within himself.

They should do it aslong as he's not taking medication, and his temp isn't raised x

Alasdair had a temperature at his 2nd set and they still did them. I wasn't sure it was the right thing to do but I just kept an extra eye on him. It didn't seem like there was an option NOT to do them.

i would pop along and see honey, and if you're worried maybe see doctor before. do hope he's feeling better, poor little mite :hugs: x

I would still go... The injections are meant to be given at certain times for reasons... So as long as they say its ok then do it. I would also make a doctors appointment, that is a long time to have a cold... Jasmine had one and it literally lasted 3 days and was gone.

I would go but definitely mention that he has a bad cold and all the symptoms... he may be crankier after he has them though :hugs:

I went for Gracie's 1st set of jabs at 8weeks and she had a cold and we WERE turned away (possibly as she was younger??). It was good to get their opinion to be honest as I , like you, didn't know what to do. (real shame dragging them out through for a wasted journey.... could you chat to the nurse/doc on phone before you go?)

xxx

I'd ring on the day and ask their opinion. I asked my docs as Ollie had only just finished his antibiotics when he had his jabs but they still gave them him x

They wouldn't do Hannah's injections when she was sick. My pediatrician feels that if they aren't feeling well already why make them feel worse :shrug: We agreed and put them off for a couple of weeks.

Hope he feels better soon :hugs:

Lauryn had a cold when she was due her 2nd set of injections and still got them, they just said if she had a temperature or sickness then they wouldn't do them. Sounds like a nasty cold tho, hope Oliver gets better soon!:hugs:

In the book about the immunisations that the HV gave me it says whether or not you should take a baby for his/her injections when they are ill, I can't remember what the answer was, but I'd check that x

I just checked the book and it says that if the baby has a cold/flu without fever then its okay to have the injections, if he has a fever then to postpone to avoid the injection being linked to the fever, or the injection making the fever worse, hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->