Injections? BCG?

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
Maley is having her BCG on Tuesday, and her regular first set of injections on friday. Is this normal? Anyone else's babies are having the BCG or has your baby had it?? I mentioned it in another thread and it didnt seem the norm.....i got a leaflet from my hv and everything

Salim had his BCG injection when he was 4 weeks old.The midwife arranged it for us because his dad is from a country that has a high tb rate. The midwife also knew I was planning to take him to Morocco when he was 10 weeks old so she saw it was best to do. As far as the doctor who did it said its not common practise in babies and only really done if you travel to a country with high tb or one or both parents and/or grandparents are born in a country with a high rate.

I think BCG is mandatory to have for all the babies. Its for prevention of tuberculosis. Arwyn will have hers on the 21st.

They don't give the BCG up here. I think it's only in areas with large immigrant communities.

Rocco never got his. I think here you don't get it til you're about 10/11. I know i didn't anyway.

Hey, my daughter is half Nigerian, she was sent a letter to get it done but i called the HV and they didn't know why she had to have it, I had to look at nhs website to find out why. Anyway after that i booked another appointment as i had missed the original one and they didn't get back to me so she has not had irt yet and both her grandparents were born in Nigeria!!! Grr!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->