Insect Repellent

lousielou

Mummy
Reaction score
I know it's completely out of season for us here in the freezing cold UK, but OH and I are getting married in Mexico in a few weeks, and I don't want to get bitten to death while we're out there! I've heard you should avoid products containing DEET during pregnancy... but it seems to be in just about every one I've seen. Has anyone got any reccommendations as to an alternative that works please? :)

You can take a bottle and fill it with white vinegar and two tablespoons of dish soap. Add water if you wish to dilute it a little. Shake and spray it on for a nice and very cheap and deet free fly spray.

Definitely avoid DEET hun, it's evil stuff (does keep the mossies away tho!) Be careful too is your fiance uses DEET stuff to as it's really pungent. My doctor did tell that B vitamins help, as the bugs don't like the smell when it comes out your skin, not sure how much you take during pregnancy though

Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray, only £2.25!!!!

A freind gave me this to use in Basrah and i swear by it, i usually get bitten really bad but this has really worked for me, i take it with me every time i leave the country. It doesnt smell that bad either!

(Im not mad honestly, google it) lol

Have a great wedding x

Avon skin so soft dry oil body spray, only £2.25!!!!

A freind gave me this to use in Basrah and i swear by it, i usually get bitten really bad but this has really worked for me, i take it with me every time i leave the country. It doesnt smell that bad either!

(Im not mad honestly, google it) lol

Have a great wedding x

i was just going to say this, im an avon rep myself and its true. avon cannot endorse or sell it as an insect repellent because they havent tested it for that reason, but lots of peple have said its fantastic. AFAIK it's the soft and fresh, green bottle, but both smells should work. x

You should try looking for the citronella wristbands. I found that they worked pretty well. We had a pond on our acerage and even in the middle of summer (bug season) I think I only got maybe two bites while I was wearing them.

I don't know if you can get this brand in the UK, but for a herbal repellant, Badger Balm's Anti-bug was most excellent for the voracious bugs of the Canadian Rockies. Also, the best defense is to just cover up with a light cotton layer. That also gives you good sun protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->