Insensitive comments running rampant today, bringing me down

Estesbaby

Reaction score
Sitting at my grandmother in laws house for a family cookout, I was holding my cousins baby girl when she started crying because she was hungry and sleepy. What does my husbands uncle say?? "Guess its a good thing you all don't have a baby yet." Little does he know it will be a year of trying in September, and as he laughed at the stupid comment he made I wanted to punch him in te face.

I don't know why I expect more from people that have no idea what my DH and I are going through when they don't even know we are TTC. But none the less every time I hear something like that I get a rush of emotions that are hard for me to control. Sadness, anger, and frustration to name a few.

Didn't want to read and run.... chin up hun some people really are so insensitive and don't think before the open there mouths I've been in that situation just bite your tongue and ignore them because us ttc women are better and stronger than them xx

Urgh! My advice is expect people to suck...that way you'll never be disappointed and when they're actually nice and not self-serving it'll be a nice surprise lol!! Ok my tongue is in cheek with that bit of advice but I have had pretty insensitive and nosyass comments from people who know I am actually seeking fertility treatment so I have learnt not to be surprised.

Of course it doesn't make it easy to have to sit there and listen to such comments whilst biting your tongue so I smile and secretly think of nasty things hehe I'm not very nice when someone really stabs me with their words.

People never seem to realise how their silly comments can hurt people. Just think that your time will come xx

Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not the only one who gets upset over that. I know I need to just let it roll off, it's still hard though!

Thanks for your kind words, baby dust to all of you!

Oh I'm so sorry....how awful!!!!! People REALLY don't think!!

what an a*******! People are so insensitive and quick to judge, I know a number of couples secretively trying and being frustrated! xx

Thanks for the support ladies! Most of my DHs family is great, but there are a couple like him in the bunch that are impossible to be around!

I'm so sorry! People really just don't think about anything before they talk. I totally get how you feel, been trying for 9 months now (we haven't told anyone tho) and people make comments like that to both my hubby and myself all the time. I don't think it gets easier, but hang in there! You're time will come :)

Just the other day I was checking out a lady that had lots of baby stuff and she just in passing mentions 'Seems like everyone is having babies, it must be in the water so don't drink it!' I just looked at her and was like 'Well it's not in my water' she just looked at me and then there was that uncomfortable silence you get when someone says something stupid. I went to break and cried over it.

Don't you hate comments like that? If people would just think before they open their mouths it would be so much better.

I have been listening to friends and family complain about morning sickness and such and all I can think is I would gladly throw up for 9 months straight if I could have a baby.

People just don't think and it's so upsetting. It makes me hope I never said anything like that to someone before I started TTC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->