Insensitive People Rant!

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
How can people wish to start there labours off early knowing they arent full term just cause they are fed up and having big babies :cry:, I really wish i couldve carried my babies to full term and be healthy than spend time in nicu fighting for there lives and going through what they have done in there tiny lives. Sorry ladies just needed to rant cause really upsets me :cry:

I know what you mean hon, I understand when people moan when they are overdue, that must be pretty horrible, I can't say though as I have never been there but when they are 20 - 37 weeks and say that they hope their baby comes early because they can't wait, it winds me up because having your baby early is not a nice experience, it's scary and horrible!

I think I know where that came from hunny, i felt the same.

I went overdue and didnt want my LO to come out. Yes i moaned about being huge and uncomfortable but i didnt want my boy to come out at all. I was fuming when someone i know told me they wanted their baby to come early so it would be small and labour wouldnt hurt as much. :saywhat: :growlmad:

I didnt have a premmie baby though but he still had to go into special care.

I hate that, wanting an early labour so it wont hurt as much. It's still gonna hurt you twit! And it'll hurt even more when you have to walk up and down to special care several times a day and not get any sleep because your lo farted during the night, about 5 mins after you just dropped off the milk it took you 45mins to express (after the hour visit to feed them) and the nurses thought they looked hungry so called the ward to get you to come back down!

Yes, with Amber I was fed up and I was sore and worried (about myself, my pregnancies mostly involved a lot of risk to my life rather than the baby's), but I didn't want them to whip out just because of that. I am so glad I kept her to 37 weeks, the difference between her and the boys is huge.

I hope I go full term this time, having a baby in NICU and SCBU is the hardest thing ive ever had to go through, every time I left her it ripped my heart apart :cry:. I wonder if they knew the heartache and the dangers, not to mention possible long term complications, whether these women would still want their babies out early?! :growlmad:

I've always found it stupid that people are desparate to have their babies early. Yes going overdue is a pain but it's waaaay preferable to having a premature baby, I'm sure.

:hugs: Im sure if those individuals who say things like that would feel VERY different if they did have a prem baby, some people are just insensitive without even knowing it! I have no experience myself but from what I have heard labour is just as painful if not more traumatic!!! The pain of leaving your baby in SCBU is worse for me that a bit extra back ache and uncomfy feeling. Sadly we all missed the big bump that wed give our right arm for. Sorry, getting myself worked up now haha ill just slink quietly away now :hissy: x

It just really gets me mad cause ive been there 4 times now and it gets damm harder everytime, then you get people moaning about there babies being big and the clothes they brought not going to fit them etc. I would love for these people to spend a day in nicu and see how damm hard it really is!:cry:

Oh hun I'm so sorry people are being idiots. I don't have a preemie myself but I work in NICU and I see everyday how bloody brave and amazing all you preemie mummys are (and daddys too). You do an amazing job hun x

im with you 100% huni!!

leaving my LO in scbu for 10 days was the hardest thing ive ever had to do! why people would want to have a prem baby by choice is beyond me.

Hi honey

I completely agree, I wish Christina would stay in my belly till 40 weeks, those people dont really know the worry that a parent goes through with a premature baby and how much a baby really suffers when they are out too early and have to be supported medically.

Those individuals are stupid idiots, just ignore them honey x

It just really gets me mad cause ive been there 4 times now and it gets damm harder everytime, then you get people moaning about there babies being big and the clothes they brought not going to fit them etc. I would love for these people to spend a day in nicu and see how damm hard it really is!:cry:

what gets me is were on web sight desperate for babies then want it 2 be over asap whats that about i went over with 2 of mine and loved every minute of it and isn't it the bigger the baby the more they help them self out aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh some people my sis had her girl at 28 weeks and it was horrible touch and go but she's fine now i'd hate to be in that position no mother would want there child to be fightin like that ...... big up the bonnie big babies

Sorry I really hope this doesn't come off as being insensitive...because it's not supposed to, don't know what it's like to have a premie, but it must be terrifying, my cousin's girls were prematue, and saw the worry that the whole family went to, and it really is awful...think all of you are fantastically strong people!

I was 5 days overdue...and although it was uncomfortable, definitely didn't want it to be over! But during the last 2weeks ish of pregnancy, my baby grew quite a lot, he was too big for me, and due to complications from the delivery, he could have quite easily died or become severely brain damaged (that is the norm for the complication), luckily he was ok, but sometimes going over etc. isn't always the best for the baby.

That said..I had a scare at about 28weeks, where there was lots of blood and mucas etc., they never worked out why, and I'm grateful that it was only a scare, and he's ok.

Sorry if this doesn't come out right, understand why you find it insensitive etc. Not always very good at expressing myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->