[Insert your own number] Book Challenge

Every Rose

Reaction score
We do this on another site I am on and it's quite fun and informal.

All you do is set a target for how many books you hope to read this year and then keep a list as you read them.

It's not about keeping up or reading as much or more then everybody else and nobody cares if you go over or under target, it's more a way of reminding yourself what you read and perhaps even what you thought of each book. You can set yourself a 1 Book Challenge if you like.

Everyone does it differently, some people just make a numbered list, others do a short review. Some people use the lists as a way to chat to other people who have also read the book etc. There are lots of ways to complete the challenge and have fun.

I stole this explanation from my group because it says it better than I have:
We had a great year in 2010, and now we want to do it again in 2011!

Anyone can join. Just start a thread and begin listing the books you have read in 2011. You don't have to begin on January 1. Last year, some members just listed their titles and authors while others posted a mini-review of each book. It's all up to you. It turns out we care less about the numbers than we do about the exchange of book info and the community of readers.

We hope you'll join us, but be forewarned. We like to comment on each other's threads and we've found our stacks of books to be read have grown exponentially!

And I thought it might be fun to start it here. You don't have to remember what you were reading at the start of the year, just start from now if you want to join in.

All you have to do is start your own thread with a title that lets everyone know it's yours and how many books you are hoping to read by the end of the year and you're away!

Have fun!
:happydance:

Thanks for making it a sticky, people will know what we are up to now. :thumbup:

Oops! I commented on your Book thread, Every Rose, but I agree - what a fun idea!

Oops! I commented on your Book thread, Every Rose, but I agree - what a fun idea!

Oh, no problem. Comments are good, it's a fun way to talk to people about the books even if they haven't read them or didn't like them. It's half the fun of the challenge. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->