Inserting evening primrose oil...

Shakeitout

Reaction score
I bought some 1000mg capsules today with the view of taking one orally every morning and evening but have been reading about inserting it too. Question is... Does it defo dissolve inside?

Please do some research before going ahead... I was tempted by everyone talking about EPO on these boards, but was really shocked and put off by a lot of the risks. If you look into it, and feel fine, then go ahead! Just wanted to comment as things can seem so normal when lots of people discuss them here, but that isn't any guarantee of safety. :flower:

This in particular is the link that put me off:
https://vbacfacts.com/2012/11/13/evening-primrose-oil-dont-use-it-if-you-are-pregnant/

It did for me, but I made sure I stayed horizontal for 30 minutes after inserting.

I poked it with a needle before instering it at night and of course made sure my hands and privates were clean before inserting it.

Dissolved just fine by morning and helped me a lot. :)

My OB said it was fine.

I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now (if I remember). I wait until I've had all my wees for the night before inserting and it stays there while asleep. The oil doesn't even come out if you manage a couple of hours laying down.

My 2 year old DD woke me up once about an hour after inserting and had to go to her. Unfortunately, I had an oily crotch all night. I now put a pad on just in case

:shock: I've been taking them throughout my pregnancy with no problems ... however ive never heard of inserting them!!

I just got some over the counter pills ... xx

I read that you shouldn't take them until 36 weeks onwards as they do soften the cervix, not sure if that's orally or vaginally or bath though

My only problem was waking up in the morning with oil everywhere. I thought my water broke in my sleep lol. I wore sanitary pads after that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->