Insomnia start this early?? 10.5weeks

Sammy1

Reaction score
Is anyone else suffering from Insomnia? I remember having this the whole of the 3rd trimester with my daughter, but never this early? I fall asleep super early (about 8 or 9pm) but when I wake up anywhere between midnight and 2am I am up for hours! Then inevitably shattered the next morning?!

I'm 11 and a half weeks and I'm suffering quite badly with restless legs which have been keeping me awake. Last night it was a vomiting child though. I'm hoping tonight I will sleep better.

Is anyone else suffering from Insomnia? I remember having this the whole of the 3rd trimester with my daughter, but never this early? I fall asleep super early (about 8 or 9pm) but when I wake up anywhere between midnight and 2am I am up for hours! Then inevitably shattered the next morning?!

I have been having this issue for several weeks now and I'm 10.5 weeks now. I know exactly how you feel -- it's the exact same thing. So tired. Fall asleep, then wake in the middle of the night and am awake for hours. It's driving my husband crazy because after so long of just laying there, I start getting restless and it wakes him. It's horrid. I can only hope that it goes away for the 2nd trimester. But yea, first trimester fatigue is not helped by not getting a good night's sleep. Ugh. :(

Glad it isn't just me! Am permanently shattered! Xxx

I’m only 5.5 weeks and it has started already. I never had anxiety and depression until my 3rd was born and I have been weaning off of my meds for that... so I’m sure it contributes. Anxiety and depression can be a major cause of insomnia. �� try writing things down before you go to sleep... even if it is your short chicken scratch of random words or thoughts. This helps me a little!

Prior to 1st pregnancy I was a really bad sleeper, once I was pregnant, I slept beautifully most of the time! This time, I've has insomnia and disrupted sleep since 6 weeks. I'm 13 wks now and there is no improvement. Usually go to bed at 10/11 and will be awake from 4am.. drained all day then.

I’m 12dpo and the last 3 nights I’ve had insomnia. With my first I had insomnia for the first 13 weeks but slept soundly for the rest of the pregnancy. It’s tedious.

I fall asleep just fine, probably because of half a Unisom for MS and I'm exhausted, but I do toss and turn a few hours later. It stinks, I'm very tired every day and it could be a combo of restless sleep and of course pregnancy hormones!

I’ve had insomnia this whole pregnancy, it actually started the week before my BFP, so basically right on implantation. I then had morning sickness that was worst in the middle of the night, so I would wake up from feeling sick and not be able to get back to sleep. Now at the end of second tri I am still sleeping badly and if I get woken at night by anything, one of my kids, OH snoring, etc, I cannot get back to sleep for an hour or more. So tired!

With my first two pregnancies I slept really well in the first and second tri and only had insomnia right at the end when I was too uncomfortable to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->