Insomnia

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Well, its started. Before I couldn't sleep because my hips hurt. Now I can't sleep because I just can't sleep. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Anyone else turned into an insomniac?

Yes haha, for awhile I was... and even now I seem to be a nighthawk, and I used to go to bed at like 9pm! lol!

Now I just seem to get busy cleaning late at night or reading stuff on here.

I'm either too hot, too cold, the blankets are tangled up, my pillows fall off the bed, I can't turn over right, I need a drink, I have to pee...its one thing after the other every single night! I can't get settled down at all

Oh yeah I might join this club! Its so annoying. It nearly always starts at the same time though doesnt it.....and I just start falling asleep again as hubby's alarm goes off! I dont think I have slept all through the night since before February!

I did hun completely... you ask leeanne and vickie lol... They were always telling me too get to bed at ridiculous times in the morning!!

I wish I had slept now lol!!

Im the same, it's so frustrating, OH has resulted to sleeping on the living room floor, because im constantly tossing and turning, throwing covers on and off, going to the toilet, and then hitting him because he's snoring!!!

Im the same got really sore legs and hips and now i dont fall asleep till im exhausted :( :hugs: xx

me too, can I join this club. I have no trouble getting to sleep it's just managing to sleep for more than an hour or two at one time.

Just have to sleep when I can now even if it means doing ironing or house work at 3 in the morning and sleeping during the day. Fingers crossed we wont get to this.

On the plus side though, it's a sign the end is near! xx

Can I reluctantly join this club? Hips, pelvis, calves, knees. Too hot, too cold, too hot under blanket but arms too cold outside it. Hungry, feel sick, need a wee. Baby keeps jiggling so much the bed is practically rocking. etc etc

I woke at 5am this morning needing to eat and wee and then baby was going nuts for over an hour keeping me awake. Finally got to sleep about 15 mins before DH's alarm went off. I can't wait until I finish work because then I will just get up when I feel like that, have some proper food and read or watch something or even come on BnB then will be able to catch up on sleep when I'm actually ready to fall asleep again.

Apart from the normal pregnancy symptoms (ie hurty hips, ribs, back, shoulders, needing to pee about 20 times a night etc etc...) I also have a husband with a rather annoying night-time cough. And the most annoying thing about it is, he'll cough and cough until I get so fed up I have to ask him to move to the couch downstairs rather than being considerate and just moving when he feels the cough coming on. Oh, and last night I also had a poorly son who kept waking me up. But to be honest I don't think I'd sleep any better even if I didn't have a sick family.

I'm either too hot, too cold, the blankets are tangled up, my pillows fall off the bed, I can't turn over right, I need a drink, I have to pee...its one thing after the other every single night! I can't get settled down at all

Ditto here!!! I am SO tired! :sleep:

Insomnia sucks!! :hissy: I have good nights / bad nights and on the bad nights I just seem to lie there for hours on end, and even though I'm shattered I just can't drop off...luckily now I'm on mat leave I get to :sleep: in the afternoons if I need to :D

xx

ME TOO!
I've not had a full night sleep for the past few weeks, but don't actually feel too bad for it. Once I'm awake thats it, no chance of getting back to sleep. I seem to have more energy than usual this last week, but everyone keeps telling me to rest cos my blood pressure up a bit:shrug:

I'm certain me only getting 2-3 hours sleep a night is contributing to my never-ending bitchiness :rofl:

It takes me longer get to sleep now. Either baby's moving about & I can't get comfortable... Or, I'm shattered but my body just doesn't want to wind down and go to sleep. I'm not suffering with any aches or pains (yet!) it's just getting up 5 times a night for a wee that's annoying. And tiring! Once I wake up, It takes me ages get back to sleep. So I'm shattered everyday. Oh the joy's of pregnancy, ha ha.

I it takes me a little longer to find my groove in bed, but apart from that and occasional heartburn I'm physically comfortable in bed.

My problem is I lay away until 1am-2am thinking about work today, what I did, what I forgot, what I need to do tomorrow, what will happen when I leave, will everyone be okay, do I have enough time before I leave to get my paper work finished, what I need to buy from the shop, damn we dont have milk for cereal tomorrow, did I remember to make that appointment, or was the appointment last week, something about what my mum said about something, that bitchy comment from my sister-inlaw, what I'd love to one day have the confidence to say to my evil step mother, whens my partner coming to bed (and now that he's in bed, why wont he move over or closer or stop breathing or give me back my pillow!!!) and on and on and on and on and on!!!!

I used to put my head on the pillow and going to sleep was like simply flicking the off switch * click * - gone -

Me too! Same thing, painful lying on sides, can't turn without feeling like a whale/ lorry turning, needing to wee every hour, getting hungry really early and going foraging for emergency biscuits (i do sleep after the biscuits - top tip everyone - eat biccies and you sleep a bit afterwards, must be the carbs)
oh and sneezing. I sneeze and sneeze the moment I lie down. When i sit up my nasal passages clear.
Peed off? moi!?
:)

So the question is why, for the third morning running, was I wide awake at 5am again today? At least it's Saturday so I've just got up and will nap later to make up for it. Stupid odd body clock...

I did hun completely... you ask leeanne and vickie lol... They were always telling me too get to bed at ridiculous times in the morning!!

I wish I had slept now lol!!

I can definitely vouch for that Kerry!

I feel for you gals! I used to wake at around 1:30 - 2 a.m. every night and be up for awhile...usually was on here.

Now I can't get a full night's sleep due to Chase. LOL

Oh God, I'm sick of this insomnia!! I fall into bed really early and exhausted and fall straight to sleep. Then I wake at about half twelve and thats it!! all I manage to do is snooze until 6.30 when my alarm goes off. I'm soooo tired. Things is, I'm comfy - I'm just wide awake for some reason :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->