Inspirational TTC movies and TV shows

yellowbell

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hubby and I are movie buffs, it's one of our favorite relaxing things to do.
A couple of months ago, I was searching for inspirational movies about TTC and although there wasn't much really, I was glad to find one which hubby and I had a fun time watching:

Maybe Baby (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206926/)
A comedy about a couple (Hugh Laurie and Joely Richardson) who are trying to conceive a child.

You can watch the whole movie on youtube :thumbup:

Anybody else knows any inspirational TTC movie or TV shows? Please do share :winkwink:

Marley and Me (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0822832/) - suggested by babyhopes2010
Baby Mama (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0871426/) - suggested by SKP
Facing the Giants (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805526/) - suggested by ashley1723
Sex and the City (Charlotte's story) - suggested by yellowbell
Miss Conception (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985593/) - suggested by monalisa81

TV shows:
Friends Season 9 (Chandler and Monica's story) - suggested by Nai1983
Sex and the City (the story of Charlotte) - suggested by yellowbell
Grey's Anatomy (the story of Meredith) - suggested by notjustyet
Lost seasons 2-3 (Sun's story) - suggested by Killeen_TTC
One Born Every Minute (Showing in England) - suggested by Lauraemily17
How I Met Your Mother season 6 (Marshal and Lily's story) - suggested by yellowbell
Pregnant in Heels - suggested by Aliciatm

Yeah Ebony, you are right that is where the dog dies. Its so sad and made me cried! XX

Yeah Ebony, you are right that is where the dog dies. Its so sad and made me cried! XX

That film makes men cry! lol I can't watch sad films... :dohh: I sob at tv soaps. lol

heya guys, we watched look who's talking the other day, hilarious, classic, and trust me, BD'ing will never be the same again once you imagine those little :spermy: making the journey up to eggy & chatting the whole way (you have to see it to understand) lol lol we loved it. DH had never seen it, it's an 80s/90s film, definitely recommend it for a lighthearted TTC inspiration! :hugs:

Baby Mama, not a huge fan but its kind of funny in a way.

heya guys, we watched look who's talking the other day, hilarious, classic, and trust me, BD'ing will never be the same again once you imagine those little :spermy: making the journey up to eggy & chatting the whole way (you have to see it to understand) lol lol we loved it. DH had never seen it, it's an 80s/90s film, definitely recommend it for a lighthearted TTC inspiration! :hugs:

yeah, thats a good one!

Haven't seen the movie, but the book "The Horse Whisperer" talked alot about infertility. Not sure if it's the same in the move.

I think one of Danielle Steels books was the same way. Palomino maybe? I think it was a made for tv movie.

oooh just remembered another, jack & sarah - sad but lovely! maybe ignore the first little bit... lol DH was like "WHY have you made me watch this!?" then loved it after the sad bit lol xx

I love Jack and Sarah, it makes me cry every time (I am going to go and watch it now!)

Not too sure if it is about ttc though as the wife is already rather pregnant when it starts so perhaps not ideal for lovelies feeling a bit low on the ttc front?

lol well no it's not about ttc but it certainly makes you broody to dtd and ttc!!!?? that's what we found anyway lol xx

Facing the Giants is a good one. It's sort of a Christian-y movie, so if you're not into religion then you may not like it but I thought it was beautiful!

marley and me :)

Isn't that the one where the dog dies??? :cry:

yeah, it's that one. Cried a lot as well too. But in the early part of the movie, Jennifer Aniston had a hard time conceiving and even got a miscarriage but then finally they got pregnant and became a baby machine after that, lol

Really... well if it wasn't for the dog bit I'd defo watch it :wacko:

maybe just watch it til the part that she got pregnant? I think it's just about the first half an hour of the movie :winkwink:

Loved this movie too! Even the sequel was great.
But I think this movie is about pregnancy itself and not TTC. Coz to start with, her pregnancy was just accidental. I watched this movie waay back when I was young though but I think now if I watch it, it'll trigger my its-not-fair-why-some-women-get-pregnant-just-like-that-while-I-have-been-trying-very-hard mentality, LOL.

Haven't seen the movie, but the book "The Horse Whisperer" talked alot about infertility. Not sure if it's the same in the move.

I think one of Danielle Steels books was the same way. Palomino maybe? I think it was a made for tv movie.

I haven't seen this movie as well nor read the book. Maybe you'd want to start another thread for insipirational books on TTC ? :winkwink:

Facing the Giants is a good one. It's sort of a Christian-y movie, so if you're not into religion then you may not like it but I thought it was beautiful!

Thanks! I heard about this movie too but haven't seen it yet but am excited to watch it! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->