Insurance for gases?

Finsmummy

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
Can anyone share any info on this? I believe you have to be covered for the gases that midwives bring. Does it cost extra?

Where are you hun?

You don't need anything in the UK if you mean insurance covering the oxygen or GnA

Im in the UK and midwife told me this at last appt.

I've never heard anybody else mention it - I would have assumed the MW is insured via the NHS for anything involved within her area of duty. They must be insured to transport the gases about.

Hmmm strange one.

Never heard of you needing insurance for anything for a homebirth.

have a look on homebirth.org and check the NICE guidelines.

Thanks ladies, it seems odd as nobody else mentions it much!

nope never heard of thi... clarify with your MW what she means.... like someone else says she may need her own insurance to transport the gases..... xxx

Not heard of this and I had my gas delivered last week and it is just sat in my back room.

Are you in a flat? Does she mean home insurance in case of fire and the gas exploding...or something???

ETA: I'm randomly speculating, I have no knowledge of gas and air exploding ever.

Yes apparently it needs to be on my home insurance as a safety thing. I havent a clue lol!

I would question that hun.

It sounds a bit off, it may be something in your area and only if the gas is stored at your house.

I didnt have anything dropped off to me prior to the birth the MW brought it all with her.

i just asked my midwife and she has never heard if that... she said maybe the midwife was trying to say somethhing else and it got misunderstod???

heya hun, i also got told by my mw about insurance, it basically means if you do have home insurance then you have to fone and let them know that youl have gas canisters in your house i dont think you hve to pay anything extra or anything, im in a private let so had to let my landlord and stuff know i would have them here, but if ur in ur own house and perhaps dont have insurance then you dont need to bother getting insurance

heya hun, i also got told by my mw about insurance, it basically means if you do have home insurance then you have to fone and let them know that youl have gas canisters in your house i dont think you hve to pay anything extra or anything, im in a private let so had to let my landlord and stuff know i would have them here, but if ur in ur own house and perhaps dont have insurance then you dont need to bother getting insurance

Thank you! That finally makes some sense. I guess if anything happened it just means you would then be covered for your house! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->