Intense braxton hicks 2nd time round=early labour??

dlj2

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been getting intense braxton hicks for a few weeks now, minimal walking/exhursion brings them on and I'm breathing through them.

I know this is very normal for subsequent pregnancy's but just wondering if your likely to go into labour a little earlier than with your first?

With my daughter I Was 12 days over, I just can't see that happening this time (am I being niaeve?) I love for baby to come at 37 weeks + as it means I'll be home with my family for Christmas with no worry of going into labour!:happydance:

Any experiences/thoughts happily recieved :) x

Sorry, no. I had loads of painful bhs with my second and lots of false alarms but none really with my first. She came a day later than her big brother at 12 days late. Never say never but I'd expect to be late again and if baby is early you'll get a nice surprise x

Sorry, no. I had loads of painful bhs with my second and lots of false alarms but none really with my first. She came a day later than her big brother at 12 days late. Never say never but I'd expect to be late again and if baby is early you'll get a nice surprise x

:-( there goes my wishful thinking haha. Thankyou it's good to know at least I can chill knowing it doesn't mean much.xx

Honestly, I found being overdue so much easier the second time as I had it in my head that she would be late. I only really started getting fed up at about 9 days over. I've been the same this time too and I'm totally ok with being late again. I think some of us just grow them longer xx

I had a lot of bh second time round but still went 5 days overdue - my first was 6 days overdue x

Id say no, second in general doesnt mean an earlier delivery.

I had less bh overall but when i had them they were brutal. I went 4 days over with #1 and 9 days over with #2. I very much expected her earlier haha

BH were awful with DD2 (and even worse this time with baby no 3!), but I didn't go into an earlier labour because of them. Had a sweep at 39+4 and she was born the next day, but the consultant did say that my cervix was very effaced so labour was going to come soon anyway, even if I hadn't of had the sweep x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->