Intercourse last night and now light red bleeding today

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Hey ladies so I have bled with every pregnancy and have 3 healthy boys and I am just so sick of going to the Drs every time I bleed. Luckily I have made it to a day shy of 8 weeks without any until hubby and I dtd last night and then bam today light red bleeding when I wipe.
I am so torn as to whether or not I should go and get checked out or just wait it out and if it goes then just cervix irritation or if it gets worse then go??? I know some will say maybe ask your dr but I don't want to run to the dr this time every time I spot or lightly bleed.

My body is more sensitive to sex this pregnancy that it was the last 3 and I tend to bleed a little afterwards too. As long as it's not staining your underwear and it's only when you wipe I really wouldn't stress too much. If it is causing you worry, then talk to your care provider. But unless you have been told to avoid sex in pregnancy, it should not be expected to cause you any issues.

Every other pregnancy I have bled from the day or the day after my bro so we were always told to avoid sex for the first 12 weeks but hopefully I'm just sensitive this time.
Thanks for the reply

I have had some light bleeding a couple times. The nurse at my widwife clinic told me not to worry, so I am trying not to! The first thing she asked was if I had recently had Intercourse, so that is a common cause.

It's very likely just cervical erosion. I've had it every pregnancy as well. If you are concerned, get it checked out for your own piece of mind. But in my experience, when I went for scan they did a vaginal scan and they only made it worse. I had 3 days of heavy red bleeding after that. It's as much trauma to the cervix as sex would be (we completely avoid sex in pregnancy because of it). More than likely it's nothing and you have an obvious cause of it (it didn't come on randomly), so I wouldn't be too concerned. I did have one mc and I definitely bleed much more frequently and much heavier in my two healthy pregnancies than I ever did with the mc.

It has completely stopped now nothing for over an hr I am definitely putting it down to sex.
I am pretty happy as I have had such terrible problems with my other 3 pregnancies and bleeding my last was a placental abruption and that was lots more bleeding this was just really light and not a lot.

Thanks for the replies ladies I feel much better now :)

I'm the same with not wanting to go for every little thing, takes a lot of time! With it being the first time though I'd probably get it checked, or ask your healthcare provider with no rush since it has stopped. Just to check on a sch or some other reason so if it carries on you'll know whether to be concerned or not. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->