Intercourse :/

SarahLou372

TTC #2 with PCOS
Reaction score
hi ladies :hi:

Sorry for this rude subject but in my first trimester of pregnancy I went off intercourse with my OH all together! So we not tried for 4 months now! The thing is I'm starting to feel like I want to try again.

But I'm 18 weeks and still afraid of hurting my baby. I miss that connection me and OH had with intermacy.... But is it even safe to have inter course when pregnant??? If so how? The thing is down on my lady parts feels swelled up too and firmer so I'm scared to. Sorry really tmi ladies.

Oh I know we worried with our first pregnancy too but honestly it's perfectly safe for you and baby! If anything, the swollenness will just make it tighter which some like :) since you haven't done it in a while, I'd just be gentle and slow. Enjoy each other. The connection is really important if you are in the mood :)

I really want to try again keep that connection going at the same time. But I have tried but OH won't attempt it, he seems to think it won't work our well while I'm pregnant.

I guess I'm looking for the affection side of it too :(

They say when you are having sex it actually puts baby to sleep. So can't be hurting baby to much. Baby is really cushioned in there. Don't worry and have fun.

We haven't had sex much since falling pregnant but it's because I have totally lost all interest. We still do it occasionally, some positions are uncomfortable so we stick mainly to doggy style now. I'm looking forward to wanting sex again! It is perfectly safe for you to have sex so long as your doctor hasn't put you on pelvic rest, so go for it and have fun!

Sex is totally 100% safe unless your doctor has told you otherwise. Seriously, no penis is big enough to even get close to the baby! Your cervix protects the baby in the womb, keeping it nice and cozy in there. They have no idea what's going on and it even can put them to sleep with the rocking motions.
DH and I are as active as ever, if not more so, and baby is active and healthy.
With pregnancy there is an increase of blood flow to the vagina and labia which can make it seem more plump and firm but that is also totally normal.
Just stick to positions that feel comfortable for you and have fun~ :sex:

I was put on pelvic rest due to SCH, which was resolved around 12 weeks. I still don't feel very safe with intercourse as I know I have a low lying placenta and baby is still so low. So, we are not very active sexually and we do it very slow and soft ( really hard fr oh). It's different fr everyone. I wish my drive wld pick up a bit as well. Any ladies with some tips?

Sex is perfectly safe and healthy while pregnant (unless your doctor has directed otherwise).
Some positions might be a bit uncomfortable, but you won't hurt baby at all. Just test things out to see what works for you.

I was bleh about sex through first tri as well and then was on pelvic rest for a low lying placenta which was more bleh because that's when I started really wanting it again. Now? We have sex relatively regularly and I love it. We had sex through out the pregnancy with my son and he's a very happy, healthy, large soon to be 2 year old.

i wish this was my problem, I want it, and he just like with our first pregnancy he was freaked out about hte baby being in me and what not!! I pretty much had to attack him so to speak lol. You have nothing to worry about unless your doctor has specifically told you not to, you might find it really helps you at the end of your pregnancy too!! I would say when you feel comfortable and are not stressed about it to give it a go!! Good luck!!

I wasn't interested during he first trimester too, but things have improved! :thumbup: I was really dry during the first tri, and things are definitely more lubricated now! It's helps a TON.

DH has never stopped being interested. :winkwink: I didn't realize I was interested again until we ended up in the shower together a couple weeks ago... its easier to get into things when you're warm and soapy! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->