Interesting 24hours

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
Last night I started getting cramps low down in my bump (like period cramps) as well as Braxton hicks. After 2 hours of this I thought I best give the 24hr pregnancy helpline a call. I couldn't remember whether cramps at this stage of pregnancy was normal. After the nurse asking me a lot of questions, she suggested I go to hospital as it sounded as though it could be early labour. Naturally this concerned me but I told her would keep an eye on it for just a little longer first (only because my DD was in bed and I didn't want to wake her unnecessarily....and my gut intuition) sure enough, things settled down and everything was fine. I also knew that I had my OB appointment this morning. Don't get me wrong, if it didn't subside within an hour or so I would have gone in.
Well I mentioned it to my OB, and he was quite relaxed and said that if I go into labour now that bubs is big enough and he wouldn't worry. I would have thought he would be at least suggesting if it happened again to go in, but nup. He said not to worry about it.

Another interesting thing.... My previous OB appointment, bubs weighed 2kg.... Now 2wks +2days later, and he is now 2.8kg! What a huge jump! I'm really hoping this boy isn't going to be huge! Has anyone else had such huge weight jumps in such a short timeframe? and still had a average sized bub? Anyone else experienced cramps at 34wks and still made it close to due date?

hey hun... just to let ya know i been experiencing what your describing for two weeks now... i have noticed upping my water intake has made a huge difference....

that sounds ludacris that he wouldnt care... my mw wont let this baby come until 37 weeks end of story....

bubs weighed the same at 2kg last week...dunno what he weighs now... dont have a check every week

Wow. 34 weeks is very early Hun trust me u want baby to stay in much longer... I'm surprised dr didn't seem concerned. I was put on hospital bed rest last pregnancy at 34 weeks due to early contractions, my dr wouldn't want me to deliver before 37 weeks either...

Im glad you and bubs are okay! I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions (tightness in my abdomen along with period like cramping pains) they last a few hours then fade off. They are pretty infrequent but painful!! I havent told my ob yet as I was told that this was very normal at my baby classes and its our bodys preparing us for labor. May I ask how does your doctor estimate your babys weight? I am anxious to know how much my little one weights but not sure how they can tell. I hope you make it to 37 weeks at least!!! But glad that your little one will be okay now if he should decide to come!

Thanks for the advice Iwantabub, that was another reason I thought I'd hold out before going in. I recalled reading that dehydration can contribute to cramps, so I drank up! When is your next scan? Will be interesting to see how much bubba weighs 2wks on.

That's what I thought girls about bubba wanting to stay put til at least 37wks. DH thinks my OB is so casual so as to keep mummas relaxed.... I think there might be being too relaxed though!

I haven't had a recent baby weight estimate Jen435. He did say maybe a month ago he guessed around 3.5kg..... But that was before this bubba decided to pile on the weight - so I'm not too sure whether he still thinks that.

What a contrast Laila. My OB being so relaxed about early contractions, and yours putting you on bed rest! X

we dont get another one... i only got this one coz my fundal height was 3 weeks ahead lol

they said he would be about 7.5 pounds based on that... but i heard that predictions are so inacurate anyway.

Really? I thought in Australia that scans are at this point are every 2wks and then around 36wks it's weekly? Clearly that isn't the case. That's a bugger that you don't get any more. Spose they figure that if you were concerned then you would request a scan. Interesting how it varies from state to state. (I'm in Tassy).
My OB measured fundal today and he said '36' guess that means I'm measuring at 36wks? Don't know if that impacts likelihood of delivery date?

fh doesnt dictate baby size... im measuring 3 weeks ahead and baby is normal size... im midwife lead and scans are at 12 and 20 weeks unless issues arise... i think id be fed up with any more... sick of going to mw appts already lol

but sorry to answer your q yes its 1cm every week i think at this stage... so 36= 36 weeks....

maybe i should come to tassy and get better healthcare lol

My sister was born at 27, my brother and other sister at 32 and I was born at 35 exactly, ita not that early anymore. Obviously 27 is but they deliver twins at 35 weeks sometimes. Obviously its a billion times better the longer baby is baking for but I wouldn't be too worried, as pp said, upping water intake helps. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->