Internal exam

Penguin20

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Ok yesterday I went for a 6 weeks scan to see if we could see the heartbeat we couldn't see anything on the external so had to internal and there it was a heartbeat was amazing feeling, I went toilet after the internal and all was fine then I went toilet a couple hours later after I done some shopping and on my pantyliner was a blob of bright red blood kind of like the first day of your period, I put on a pad and hope it would stopped after a couple hour of just pink spots here and there it stopped, all evening there was nothing
I woke up this morning and had to go toilet (sorry tmi) but I strained a little bit and when I wiped there was red blood again but only when I wiped and nothing since on my panty liner or when I wipe
, it's just bright red blood no clots and it's not soaking my panty liner and I have no cramps and still all my pregnancy symptoms

Do you guys think this could be from the internal scan as she did have to push a bit to get it in (sorry tmi) I know everyone going to say phone a doctor or go back to Dr to get it checked out but wanted opinions on here as I took so much time of work already and I'm really worried as we only saw the heartbeat yesterday morning how can things change so quickly ??

I would say it was likely due to your internal exam (I had to have one with DS at my 12 week scan as I have a retroverted uterus) if you are worried though check with your midwife :hugs:

I had an internal scan yesterday (Funnily, my dates said I was 7 weeks, but babies are measuring at 6! So we're close!) I had some slight bleeding when I got home, I can only assume from the scan as she had to push to get it in! Keep an eye on the spotting, I had some last week that really frightened me, but turned out to be nothing xxx

I went through IVF, and when you do that they do internal scans ALL the time leading up to the assisted conception. I think what you experienced is normal especially if your body is not accustomed to that intrusive of an exam. I experienced the same when i first started the process, over the last two years my body has grown used to the intrusive nature of the regular exams and Im not as sensitive. So I dont get bleeding or spotting now from such an exam, but I used to. Its likely from the exam. Hope that eases your concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->