Internal ultrasound scan?

TTCabundle

Reaction score
I didn't know where to ask this question so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong section!
We have been TTC for 5 years now and my doctor has been absolute rubbish, I finally got to see a different doctor last week. She was very shocked to hear that I've had no help and has decided to start from scratch on my case.
The first thing I'm having is an internal ultrasound to check my ovaries and womb. Has anyone had this? Does it hurt? I'm scared! I've only ever had the type that scans your stomach x

It didn't hurt me when I got it. I just felt pressure and felt uncomfortable. don't worry too much about it. Good luck ")

I didn't find it sore at all, try not to worry :hugs:

If you've ever had a smear test/PAP screening, it's not as bad as that really x

It's a very thin wand (like a glow stick or tampon) and isn't sore - just a little
Uncomfortable if you're feeling uncomfortable about the situation and can't relax. The use a lot if lubricant so as pp said, it's much more comfortable than having a smear.

I hope it all goes well.x

Yep, what all the other ladies. It can be a little uncomfortable, but just relax. It's a lot better than a pap smear.

Hope you get some answers! :)

I've had this and it doesn't hurt.. just feels a little uncomfortable...you have nothing to worry about hun :hugs: x

Thanks everyone! They made it sound horrible on the letter they sent me lol. I'll just try to relax about it! At least I'm going to get some answers I suppose :) x

I had one 3 weeks ago. Literally just the tip of it went in! About an inch! X

It's not bad at all...make sure they use lots of lube...a PAP is worse, honestly. The wand that they use for an internal ultrasound is shaped kind of like a penis so it fits uhhhhh.....naturally :)

It's more embarrassing than anything but not sore at all and I should know I've had 10+

. They get you to take your bottoms off but give you a sheet to put over your lap so your not exposed and have your dignity.Remember to wear descent pants Though I had novelty ones on once and had to hide them under my trousers on the chair!

Oh and they put a condom on it for hygiene between patients, just a warning I was a bit surprised when I seen the Dr open one...

Good luck, hope you get some answers.

Don't worry about it, it's fine, albeit a little uncomfortable, but shouldn't be painful. Good luck & hope you get some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->