Interview Project - Teen Pregnancy/Motherhood

CarlaS.

Reaction score
Hey,

My name is Carla, I'm doing a research project on young mothers where I am interviewing women on their experiences. I am currently looking for people who are interested in sharing their story with me - can be via message/text/email.

To give you a little bit more info, this research project will be an ongoing project I'm developing independently. I normally work in video production and can share references as to who I am, what I've worked on etc via DM. I'm looking to hear from young women (preferably under 25) specifically about the stigma/obstacles faced during and after pregnancy. All information will be treated confidentially and of course happy to share any information required to verify the authenticity of the project.

Please DM me on here or at [email protected] for more info!

I dont need to PM you.

-Being young and dumb
- being poor
- having no support

Hi,

Thanks for responding! Would you be willing to share in more detail?

I'm specifically interested in finding out about following:
- What age you got pregnant?
- What was the response from your immediate surrounding (family, friends)?
- What were the biggest changes in your life post birth (aside from having a child obviously), i.e. were you in school and did you finish your education? Did you get financial support for your child, etc.

Would be great if you could share more on the above!

Hi,

Thanks for responding! Would you be willing to share in more detail?

I'm specifically interested in finding out about following:
- What age you got pregnant?
- What was the response from your immediate surrounding (family, friends)?
- What were the biggest changes in your life post birth (aside from having a child obviously), i.e. were you in school and did you finish your education? Did you get financial support for your child, etc.

Would be great if you could share more on the above!

18, 19, 20, 22 and 33.
They weren't happy
#1, his dad was an abusive doodle and had more money than brains so he got custody. So no I had no support. The rest are from my husband and life went on to be normal and fine, even being young and low income back then.

What age you got pregnant?
- DD1: 18. DD2: 22.

What was the response from your immediate surrounding (family, friends)?
- With DD1, I was slightly interrogated by my mum, my eldest sister was pushing for abortion as was OH. I disagreed and went ahead. OH's family were more supportive from the beginning. DD2, my family were more supportive for different reasons. OH's family hated it and I felt like I couldn't enjoy my pregnancy around them.

What were the biggest changes in your life post birth (aside from having a child obviously), i.e. were you in school and did you finish your education? Did you get financial support for your child, etc.
- I left college to move in with OH and his family while I was pregnant with DD1, we then moved out into our own home, he worked. Post pregnancy, I suffered with extreme PND which HV diregarded as baby blues. I was out of control, I became overly obsessive and didn't let OH take DD1 any anywhere without me, but I struggled to bond with her as my birth felt surreal. It didn't help that I had a CS so my mobility was low. I ended up moving back in with my parents a month later and locked myself away for months on end. I seeked help, we eventually got back together and I moved in with him again. Post DD2 was so much easier, natural birth helped me bond better and I was much more open with who she was around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->