Intro, and big decision made. SD Advice would be appreciated

Stargazing

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :hi:

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been WTT for 7 years, but (as I wrote on WTT page) my relationship sadly broke down shortly before our TTC date.

However, I am still ready for a baby regardless of being single. With PCOS and multiple other health conditions, today I have made the big decision to get pregnant via a sperm donor in 18 months. If Mr right doesn't come along by then then I refuse to wait any longer, and I think that I've tried my hardest, so I am content with that decision.

I know people who have gone down this route, but not succeeded. So if any of you amazing ladies have any advice for me I would much appreciate it. Mostly on how to brace myself emotionally and socially for this.

Thanks! good luck on everyones journey O:)

That's big. Good luck on your journey, sounds like you're walking it with courage and faith.

I have no experience being single and ttc, but we are ttcing with a known donor, which was also a big decision for us to make.

That's big. Good luck on your journey, sounds like you're walking it with courage and faith.

I have no experience being single and ttc, but we are ttcing with a known donor, which was also a big decision for us to make.

Thank you :) I will be doing it with a known donor also. The thought of doing it with someone i've never met is a no no personally, though I completely understand why people want it that way. I need to know what he looks like and that he is at least mildly intelligent :laugh2: I often joke to my friends about walking into a modelling agency and offering one of the men money to be my sperm donor :headspin:

You are very lucky to have a partner in this with you. I would much prefer it that way. Although i'll do it with or without someone.

Was it very difficult to choose the donor??

Thank you :) I will be doing it with a known donor also. The thought of doing it with someone i've never met is a no no personally, though I completely understand why people want it that way. I need to know what he looks like and that he is at least mildly intelligent :laugh2: I often joke to my friends about walking into a modelling agency and offering one of the men money to be my sperm donor :headspin:

You are very lucky to have a partner in this with you. I would much prefer it that way. Although i'll do it with or without someone.

Was it very difficult to choose the donor??
Lol I know these thoughts exactly! Like 'this guy on the train looks really good and he's reading a book I like, now i just have to figure out how to bring up the subject of sperm donation...'
We were pretty desperate before we found our donor, we looked online and it was not what we wanted. In the end a good friend of ours introduced us to a friend of hers and it is a very good match. Maybe my advice would be to spread the word and let people you trust know that you are looking. And start the process early so you can get to know him a bit before you decide.

Hi Stargazing!
I tried to get pregnant with two ex partners (over many years) and never succeeded and then when my last relationship broke down a few years ago I made the decision to go the ‘single mother by choice’ route too. I found my donor on a Facebook page, got lots of responses to my ‘ad’ but only one seemed genuine. We spoke for almost a year before we did donations, on the phone and in person so I felt like I knew him really well. He’s not a male model by any means but he’s not unattractive and even though we have wildly differing political views I try to remind myself that I’m not dating this guy and he’s not raising my baby. He’s been really good in terms of being available, making the effort to get to me, and keeping in touch!

I got pregnant the first month trying but unfortunately miscarried. A year later and I’ve just got a positive test. (I had 6 months off trying to have surgery and recover.)

There’s a thread for single mums that has lots of women on it that have gone this route! It’s quite quiet but some of the ladies are still active!

Any questions feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->