Intro & Could I be?

nikilou

Reaction score
Hi everyone - So glad I found this forum! I'm feeling kind of silly, but am hoping for some good advice. I don't have all the lingo down yet, so please forgive me if I mis-use or don't use the terms.

I'm 38 and my husband (42) and I have been TTC for almost 1 1/2 years. I finally went through all the testing about 2 months ago and everything came back normal and good to go (for both DH and me).

I met with my OBGYN on Thursday to discuss next steps since I have "unexplained infertility." She gave me a script for Clomid, which I am supposed to take on CD 3-7 of my next cycle.

Ironically (or not, that's the question), I should have started my period on Friday. Nothing yet, so I'm officially 3 days late. Normally, I'm right on schedule - down to a window of a few hours of when I start. I've taken 2 tests (one Thursday, one yesterday), both coming back BFN.

I know I should probably call my doctor to schedule an appointment, but feel silly since I just saw her a few days ago. I'm feeling fine, but do get a bit nauseated throughout the day - but, really, that could by stress or wishful thinking getting the better of me. Is it possible to be pregnant and get back 2 BFNs?

Well, its a tricky one but lets err on the side of positive and say, yes it is possible. Not the norm, but it can happen due to late implant, maybe ovulation was a bit later than thought and/ or the hcg levels (pregnancy hormone levels) taking a bit to rise enough for it to show on a test.

I know for a fact it has happened on here before, so there you go :)

Having personally been pg twice before i know when i got a +ive, i wouldn't hold out much hope if it happened to me, but then i got something to compare to. But knowing that hope is a difficult thing to quash i must admit it aint over till its over and thus one always hopes!! Even i do :)

Good luck, and lets hope you do get a bfp!

:hugs: Omi xxx

ps, the lingo is explained on the loading page of b&b towards the top of the page. Otherwise, just ask! :)

I would take another test first thing tomorrow morning and if it's negative as well, i would call the doc. It could just be stress. I hate to say that, because I'd really want it to be a BFP if it were me!! Fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Oh, I so hope it is a BFP! I got a script for Clomid and kept waiting and waiting for my period to start it and got my BFP that cycle. Maybe that will be your story too!

Hi all I am from Mississippi. I am 44. Have 3 beautiful children from previous marriage 24,22,20. I & DH married three and half yrs. ago 2mc@ 39 and 41, didn't know I could get prg didn't eat well(have had gastric bypass) ended up starving me and bby. Hadn't really thought about being prg until this little change recently. Actually thought it might be early menopause, but too many things led me to think i might be prg. So this time when my cycle went off i decided I better play it safe either way. Got a bfn sat. am @ 5 days late, thought I wasn't prg, then all of a sudden sunday all kinds of prg symptoms hit and keep getting to be more. Just trying to hurry up and wait without pulling all my hair out lol. Now that it might be a possability I really want it. DH and I have so much love in our little home, it would be such a blessing. IT is so nice to meet you lovely ladies. I work 7 on/7off so will chat again on the 29th when I return to work. Have a great week. Baby dust to everyone

yes hun- it is poss to get multiple negatives before you get your positive - we are ttc our baby no.2 - but have had 4 pregnancies - with all four i had multiple BFN's - even though i knew i was pregnant. Dont lose hope - i would wait at least until your next period is due to get the accurate test... although they can do bloods and confirm earlier - so depends on how you feel - if you want to be sure - get in touch with your doc.

Hoping it all goes well for you hun x

Yea getting a - too early, etc. is one thing but I am cd46. I am going to the GP on my next off days if possible. I have had the same cycle for the last 3 yrs and been 28 days my whole life. So if I keep getting a - I can only assume it is something else. Thank you for the encouragement

Hi all I am from Mississippi. I am 44. Have 3 beautiful children from previous marriage 24,22,20. I & DH married three and half yrs. ago 2mc@ 39 and 41, didn't know I could get prg didn't eat well(have had gastric bypass) ended up starving me and bby. Hadn't really thought about being prg until this little change recently. Actually thought it might be early menopause, but too many things led me to think i might be prg. So this time when my cycle went off i decided I better play it safe either way. Got a bfn sat. am @ 5 days late, thought I wasn't prg, then all of a sudden sunday all kinds of prg symptoms hit and keep getting to be more. Just trying to hurry up and wait without pulling all my hair out lol. Now that it might be a possability I really want it. DH and I have so much love in our little home, it would be such a blessing. IT is so nice to meet you lovely ladies. I work 7 on/7off so will chat again on the 29th when I return to work. Have a great week. Baby dust to everyone

Fingers Crossed for your BFP

Hi everyone - So glad I found this forum! I'm feeling kind of silly, but am hoping for some good advice. I don't have all the lingo down yet, so please forgive me if I mis-use or don't use the terms.

I'm 38 and my husband (42) and I have been TTC for almost 1 1/2 years. I finally went through all the testing about 2 months ago and everything came back normal and good to go (for both DH and me).

I met with my OBGYN on Thursday to discuss next steps since I have "unexplained infertility." She gave me a script for Clomid, which I am supposed to take on CD 3-7 of my next cycle.

Ironically (or not, that's the question), I should have started my period on Friday. Nothing yet, so I'm officially 3 days late. Normally, I'm right on schedule - down to a window of a few hours of when I start. I've taken 2 tests (one Thursday, one yesterday), both coming back BFN.

I know I should probably call my doctor to schedule an appointment, but feel silly since I just saw her a few days ago. I'm feeling fine, but do get a bit nauseated throughout the day - but, really, that could by stress or wishful thinking getting the better of me. Is it possible to be pregnant and get back 2 BFNs?

:hi: and welcome

Fingers Crossed :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"