Intro

scarlett78

Reaction score
Hello! I have a little girl who will be 3 in August. We have been TTC #2 since March of last year. After 15 months, it goes without saying that we are a little bit frustrated. We have had one semen analysis in January that showed low motility and CD 21 bloodwork that came back normal.
Since his SA, I started DH on Fertility Blend, vitamin C, and foods loaded with zinc. I have been taking royal jelly, baby aspirin, prenatals, mucinex, and we both just recently started taking maca.
We are going to have a second SA done, but DH just got a new job, so we had to wait for our new insurance to kick in. I'm also going to get a full work up on myself.
Just looking for some friends. I feel so alone sometimes. I'm not the only one of my friends who has suffered from SI, but I'm the only one who still only has one child. (My other friends have adopted or gone the IVF route).
I'm here because I had a complete emotional breakdown last night. I live in NC and my family is in MI and although I love my husband more than anything, sometimes he is just not enough. I feel a real lack of support lately. I feel isolated and alone. I may have the beginnings of some depression. :sad2:

Hi Scarlett78,

I'm sorry that you are feeling so down and alone but I understand how frustrated you are. My story is very similar to yours.....My son will be 3 1/2 at the end of this month and we started TTC #2 in December 2011. We had a couple of months off of trying about a year ago (due to travelling and various circumstances) but after a year of nothing we both finally got tested, same as you. My results came back great but DH's SA showed that he had 0% normal morphology. It was quite the shock!

After talking to him about things and with the test results I found out that he had an infection in his mouth (gums) which he has had on and off for 8 years after having root canal!! Our Dr seemed to think that if his body was fighting an infection that would definitely affect his sperm production, since otherwise he is healthy, we eat well, drink in moderation at the weekends and exercise. Hubby is convinced the problem is with his tooth so he immediately went and got it fixed and ended up having to have pretty much full on surgery in his mouth. Now we are just waiting to see if that has made a difference or not. Once it's 3 months since he finished his antibiotics (time for new sperm to be produced etc) he'll be going for another SA to see if any change and if not then I don't really know what we are going to do. I guess we'll start with all the vitamins and cutting out alcohol etc and see if that makes a difference. It's such a slow process and while I'm at times ok other days just seem so hard, especially since it seems everyone I know is either pregnant or have little babies. I was the first out of my group of best friends to have a baby and now despite their first born's all being 1-2 years younger than my son, they are all pregnant with their 2nd baby. I am so happy for them all but it is so tough as I want it to happen so badly as well. I don't honestly think we could afford IVF but haven't really got to that point yet so haven't fully discussed it or other fertility options but I suspect that's what we will have to do if by the end of this year we're still not pregnant.

So if you want to talk I am here as I do understand how you feel. If you are thinking you might have the start of depression it's worth going to see your Dr. and talking to him or her and see what they suggest. In the meantime I know it's hard but try and stay positive that it will happen. After all as I was told, you just need 1 little sperm to make it through!! :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->