Introduce yourself!

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
Ooh, I'm so excited to see this section! :happydance:
Introduce yourself! Tell your story and whether you had or are having a c-section! :flower:

I'm Shannon, 20 and I have a 14 month old named Victoria (Tori)! I had an EMCS after a failed induction for preeclampsia due to insufficient pelvic space resulting in severe fetal distress. I am very much hoping to have a VBAC second time round!

Great new area! :D

I'm DJ, I'm 24 and I had a cat 3 EMCS due to SPD after a long 5 day induction. I couldn't get into a position to give birth safely due to my pelvis and so I had to have a section. My section was a really positive experience, they made it perfect for us and the after care and recovery were great. However, if I don't get SPD as bad as before I am hoping for a VBAC with this baby :)

Hi - its great to see there's a dedicated ceasarean section 'section' here now lol.

I'm Liz and had two vaginal deliveries, then a planned section at 38wks for my third, twin pregnancy. Twin A was breech which is an automatic section criteria for twins (the twins were huge too, 9 and 8Ibs with monster heads, so it was probably doubly important to get them out via section).

For me it was by far my calmest, most positive birthing experience to date, and just wanted to let all you ladies know that it doesn't have to be a negative delivery option if you find yourselves needing one. I was just glad to get my twins here safely, and for me a section was inevitable but 100% successful.

Recovery afterwards was comparable to my first, traumatic vaginal delivery and with pain relief I was fully back on my feet within a fortnight - and that's with 4kids inc. twins to look after. If anyone has any questions then please feel free to ask :)

I do plan a 5th baby soon, and I would aim for a vbac, but would be totally happy to have a section again if it was deemed necessary. Thanks for reading xxx

Hiya, I'm Kirsty and I had a very positive emcs after a failed induction at 42 weeks :)

Hey im Sarah and im 21

i had an emergency C section after 48 hours of induced labour and babies head being a little too big :dohh:

Mine wasn't very positive and just getting over the stress of it now but its sooo worth it :)

xx

Brilliant idea for an area of the site!

I had a section with my last after a complicated labour with my first child, Im 28 weeks with number 3 and have to decide if I want a section again or try for VBAC. Not deciding anything yet as I have 2 more growth scans (this week and at 33 weeks) so Ill see if the results sway the decision.

Hi my name is Jess and I had a emergency section after a failed induction causing decells in my babys heartbeat. The operation itself was quite a positive thing, the only problem I am having is the recovery side as I caught an infection. So my recovery has been much slower. I am only 3 weeks and 2 days pp though.

I'm Lindsey, 25, and I had a C-section on January 12, 2012. I was induced due to a high water break and my GBS positive status.

I failed to progress in 12 hours, so the decision was made to do a C-section. Turns out, LO was face up with her chin pointed up and wasn't going to make it through. Disappointed that I had the section, but glad to know it was LO being a stinker and I should be okay for a VBAC. :haha:

Hiya! :hi: My name is Krysty, I'm 21, and I have a 14 month old named Elias, and a 1 month old named Fenix. I had an EMCS with my 2nd due to him being 5 weeks early and frank breech.

Hi :wave: I'm 21, and had an emergency c-section after an induced labour, I was on the drip for 17 hours, but not dilating enough, and my little one's enormous head wasn't moving down! I had my little boy at 42+1, and he's now nearly 7 months old.

I'm Rae! I had an emcs on August 22, 2011 after induction at 37 weeks due to pre-eclampsia. I got to 8cm and then her heartrate kept going down. =( I had a pretty good recovery, but am just still waiting for my incision to heal completely at 5 months pp! Overall, not too bad and I'm so happy my girl is here safe and sound. =)

Hi Ladies,

I'm 26 and I had an EMCS at 41 weeks in June 2010 due to baby distress after a traumatic 28 hour long labour.

The section itself wasn't that bad - although I am still terrified about labouring again.

I am anxiously (I think :shrug:) wanting a VBAC next time.

Hi i'm Amanda :)

I had my first planned c-section with my Daughter sophie-louise who is now 9 when I was 21.
She was born by c-section as she was breech and the little diva didn't want to be turned.
To me I had the perfect c-section with her :thumbup:

I then had my second c-section when I was 24, that's when my little man Dylan was born he is now 5 (well he'll be 6 next month)

With Dylan I wanted to have a 'normal' birth but it wasn't to happen :nope:
I was in labour for 12 hours with him and the whole time I only dilated 1 cm, after 12 hours I was screaming for a c-section as I couldn't take it anymore the pain was unreal :cry: (yes I know people go through that pain all the time to have children but I just couldn't handle it) plus after they said I would never have been able to have him normally anyway.

So they took me down and got me sorted and my little man was born by EMCS :cloud9:
the sad thing was they had left me in labour for so long my c-section scar from sophie-louise had started to open and they cut my little man's head when they were trying to get him out !!!! :growlmad:

Well that my story the 2nd part isn't very postive but I would go through it all again for my babies :)

I'm hopeing by christmas I will be getting ready for my 3rd c-section, fingers crossed :flower:

Hi I'm Amy and I am 23

I had an EMCS with Riley because he was trying to get his nose out first, was back to back and didnt engage properly. I got to 10cm dialated and pushed for 2 hours (1hr with an epidural they told me I HAD to have). It wasn't the best experience but it wasnt terrible.

I had a VBAC delivery with Louie and I was only in hospital for 2 and a half hours before he was born because even though I was high risk and should have been kept in as soon as I reached 3cm they kept sending me home. It was a worse experience than my EMCS but the recover was much fast so I suppose thats a bonus :)

What a great idea to have a "C Section" section.. and why not! Its only another way of bringing our babies in to the world.

Im Amie and 27 (although 26 when I had my LO - Finley)

I had an EMCS at 36+4, I had been having pains over the Sunday evening and on Monday morning I had a trickle... I went in to get checked over. They monitored LO's HB for 45 minutes where it kept dipping showing LO to be in distress, they decided to monitor for another 15 minutes but within saying that they lost LO's HB and I was being rushed in to theatre..

Finley was born a very healthy little boy - so I guess he just wanted to come early. It took me a while to properly bond with him. I was in total shock for days mainly as he had arrived 3 1/2 weeks early, also I had my birth all planned (well not planned but I knew I had really wanted a water birth) and also the shock of being rushed in to theatre and my OH not being with me..

My recovery was unbelievable though, I was up walking around the next day and my scar is minimal.. I am now in 2 minds about our planned 3 children as I am totally terrified about labouring anymore children and my scar rupturing. I am also gutted I missed out on a natural labour and feel like I have missed out - that took some getting over but now that is all behind me and I am just enjoying my LO.. :cloud9:

Hi

Im Amanda and my little monkey is 18months old. I had an emergency c-section under GA, was meant to have had a home birth but didn't go according to plan due to monkey being quite happy being stuck in the birth canal. I was ok with the c-section but was not happy being in hospital for 5days afterwards and hubby going to work as soon as i was back home.

Will be having a planned c-section with the next one because the consultant by accident snipped my bladder, but im ok with this

Hi, I'm Keely I had an CS with my daughter after not progressing after 12+ hrs as she was stuck and face up and had the cord around her neck twice so she wouldn't have been able to safely drop down anymore even if she could have. With this one I am on the fence of trying for a VBAC or going with another CS as I am way to worried of laboring all that time again only to get a c-section.

hi
Im April, 28 3 children :)
first daughter was by planned section due to breech 10 years ago, awful surgery almost had to be put under but eventually was all fine, recovery was ok, Angel was born weighing 6lb 7oz :)
second daughter was a natural 6 years ago, contractions at home all day very calm waters broke at night had her a couple hours later all naturally only with gas and air, best experience ever, Faye was born weighing 6lb 5oz
third a son a planned section, 6 months ago, but waters broke a week before, panic and rushed until was in theatre and then very calm (wonderful midwife) operation but have suffered with the recovery, James was born weighing 7lb 6oz
probably will never have a section again but life feels complete :)

I'm Amilia and I'm 28 years old. I was 40+5 and after almost 20 hours of being on pitocin and only being dilated 1.5 cms, the doctor decided to break my water which caused me to have a prolapsed cord and I was rushed to the OR for an EMCS. I will probably have an ELCS with the next one, not sure yet though...

Hi! I'm Zoee, I'm 18 years old & proud mummy to Isaac Alexander born on the 23rd of August 2011 via Emergency C-section.
My labour was 20 hours all up - but I never actually went into labour.
I never had contraction pain worse than dull period pain. When I got to hospital I was a surprising 8cm dilated and thought wow! Im going to have a baby soon. well turns out Isaac would never drop & after getting my waters broken my cervix began to swell up. So I un-dilated from an 8 to a 6. They decided C-section was our best option.

My experience wasn't too great. I was REALLY sick on the table & hardly remember a thing because of how exausted I was. After Isaac was born he was taken away & I was left to recover for 3 hours in day-surgery-recovery. My Mum, MIL & FIL got to properly meet and hold my son before me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->