Introduce yourself!

I'm Tracy.....41 years old and expecting baby boy #4! He'll arrive in April via scheduled c-section. My 3rd son was born 12 years ago via emergency c-section....IUGR due to clotting disorder; he weighed 1 lb 11 oz. Because of his prematurity, I had to have a classical c-section. Given that fact AND that I have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy, I have no hopes for a VBAC. My other children were born vaginally....and honestly, the recovery time (best I can remember) was no worse with the c-section. Although, I admit, given my "advanced maternal age" with this little one, I am a bit worried about how my body will handle recovery....but, no doubt, it will be worth it :D.

Hi all Im Astey 21, and mummy to Declan who is 2. I had an emergency C-section after going through 25 hours of labour and pushing. Declan's heart rate dropped and he was getting really stressed out, they realised my hips werent wide enough to fit him out (as he was 10 pound 8 when they weighed him after he was born) so they took me in for an emergency c section.
I didnt have an enjoyable c-section, i was so scared and couldnt stop shaking from all the pain killers etc which also made me feel really sick..
Half way through sewing me up i swear i could feel them doing it, which added to me being even more scared.
I also had to have 2 blood transfusions afterwards

Im not sure if i am going choose to have another c section when having our next baby, i am hopeful that if i do choose to have another c section than it wont be as horrible as the first one

Hi I am 29, had an emcs after failed induction at 38-3 due to pre-e, got to 8cm then my LO hb dropped with each contraction. My c-section experience was very positive all went very well, my recovery also went smoothly.

Hi everyone, I'm Jen, 26 and just had an emcs this Sunday. I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia at 32 weeks, and held him til 33 weeks but the blood pressure medication caused my placenta to detach/abrupt and was surprised early in the morning with massive amounts of blood when my water broke in the hospital. All told, it was about a half hour from sleeping in the hospital bed to when he was delivered. Maybe less. My drs were amazing, but I've never been so terrified in my life. I just never saw so many drs and nurses running and I was totally sobbing on the gurney as they were running me to the OR.

Liam is doing well in the NICU, he's on the cpap but using normal room oxygen. He just needs to get the magnesium I was on out of his system so he can get/keep food down. I've been expressing and he just loves to suck the sponge :). (they use a sponge that looks like a lollipop to keep his mouth moist and they try to use my milk when I have it). I'm so in love! I hurt like hell, but we are both alive and recovering so really, can't complain!

Hi Ladies :flower:

im Tasha , 22, and due to have a planned c section end of march ( no secure date yet ) to deliver my triplet boys!!! Am so very excited but am starting to ache now , my hips feel like thier being tortured but I cant wait to meet them . ill be 27 weeks tommorow and thier not due to come out till 34 weeks ! x

Hi ladies, I had a EMCS with my DD who is is now 21 months old, due to failure to progress past 5cm. x

Hi my name is amanda. I had and Emergency c section after being induced and was in labor for 18 hours!! I was dilateing fine and she was engaging properly and didnt have cord around neck so was all good until her heart rate kept dropping and my blood pressure started to drop. I was up 6 hours after my operation and the recovery was pretty easy. i did end up getting an infection which i took antibiotics for and healed pretty quickly. scar is stillred but healed!

Hello! I'm Lisa, 28 (29 next week!) and I had a cat 1 EMCS on 17th June, at 41 + 6. Was induced on the wednesday and laboured for 36hours, got to 10, pushed for nearly 2 hours, but Jennifers head was in the wrong position. She was happy all the way through, despite failed forceps, and a spinal that went no higher than my tummy! :( she had to be pushed back up before being removed, and I felt most of it.
She was perfect, 8lbs 9oz. I, however, started to hemorrage, losing 2.5litres of blood. I have recovered well, tho the epidural seems to have messed up my nerves in my legs a little and they sewed me up sqinty so my overhang is very lopsided. it was the best and worst day of my life.
I've found it difficult to come to terms with and am awaiting an appt with the consultant to discuss what happened.
We plan to wait 2 years before ttc, to ensure optimal recovery as at this point in time I'm aiming for a VBAC.

My name is Tina, I am 37 years old...I had all three of my babies by section. My first section was somewhat planned due to complete placenta previa. I had my section planned for 38+2 days, but my water broke at 38 weeks exactly, and he was born via emergency section. That delivery had many complications including a hemmorage that nearly cost me my uterus (they were prepping me and told hubby they were going to remove it to save my life).

My daughter was scheduled as well, for a section at 38 weeks, however, I went into labour at 37 weeks with her, and after labouring for several hours, I had to have an emergency section where I had a general anesthetic. During that surgery, they discovered I had severe scarring from an infection and it was recommended that I do not labour ever again. I did have surgery a couple years after to repair some of the damage and my uterus had adhered to my abdominal wall too.

My last child I was scheduled for a section at 38 weeks, and she ALMOST came at 32 weeks when I went into premature labour. But, they managed to stop that...then I had a placenta abruption, but later they said it didn't happen, but then my OB said it did (who knows!) and she almost came again from the abruption and I was hospitalized for almost the remainder of my pregnancy, but I managed to hold out to that section date and she arrived safe and sound at 38 weeks!!!

Hi all :wave: I'm Eala, I'm 29 and I have one toddler (Roo) who was born via a ventouse delivery. For my second baby (Midgelet) I'm having an elective caesarean section, for various reasons. It's only been finalised/date booked today, so although it's something I've been "planning" for most of my pregnancy, having it confirmed has left me a little shell-shocked! :shock: I'm hoping it'll be a really positive experience :)

:hi: I'm Kim, 25 years old. I had my baby boy by elective c section in November 2010. The reason I elected for c section is because baby boy was breech and I didn't want him turned.
I found the whole experience extremely positive and would not mind electing again next time.

HI, I'm Michelle and i'm 30. I had my daughter at 40 + 3 by EMCS on the 16th Feb last year.
I got to 10cm, baby was in a lot of distress so it was a section for us. Little bugger took a while to breath after eating all her own poo but was also born with a goitre on her neck as a result of having Congenital Hypotyroidism. This meant she couldn't actually progress down the birth canal properly.
I'm scheduled to have a section with my son on the 28th Feb, he has a 1 in 4 chance of having CH also, plus my consultant said my body might not be recovered enough to VBAC but said she would absolutely support me if i wanted to try.
I'm happy having an elective, i don't want to end up with an EMCS and also if my son does have CS i don't want to be a tired wreck after pushing for god knows how long!

Hi everyone :flower:

My name's Karla

I had my Son Harry by an emergency c section (at 36+2 weeks), as we found out 5 days previous that he had a condition called fetal tachycardia and fetal hydrops.
Just under a year after we sadly lost our little boy, I had an elective c section with my Daughter Phoebe (at 38+2 weeks).
I did have the option of a VBAC, but wanted to have a c section.
I am expecting our third baby who is due on the 06.08.12 and plan to have another elective c section.

xxx

Im Sam, 26 and i had to have an EMCS with my 2nd daughter Alice last year, after she suddenly decided to turn around during labour after 5 hours of her being head down. She had turned sideways so i had my CS because of shoulder presentation

Hi im Mizze - im 39 - I have 1 gorgeous daughter called Caitlyn who was delivered by c-section over a year ago. The C-Section was elective as I was then 17 days over and 4 lots of induction drugs, numerous sweeps and other unpleasant exams had failed to produce any movement and Caitlyn's heart beat had started to drop occasionally on the monitors. She was born at 10.52am and the birth was a lovely calm experience with excellent staff support from start to finish.

The reason she wasnt coming out was revealed as a cord so tightly wrapped round her neck that she couldnt ever fully engage and still needed a little oxygen to revive her.

I am thankful everyday for the C-Section that delivered me a perfectly healthy, unstressed child.

Mizze x

Hi :wave:

I'm 35, and had an emergency c-section in March 2010 at 27 weeks, after developing severe pre-eclampsia.

While I'd love a VBAC if we ever dare try again, the main thing for me would be going full term and having my baby handed straight to me, rather than rushed away, so I wouldn't really mind having to have another section if I had to.

xxx

Hi girls,
My names Abi, I was induced at 36w6d due too IUGR, reduced movements and fetal distress. However my induction failed and she was born by EMCS at 37+1, I was due too have a planned c section in the afternoon but my daughters heartbeat kept going dangerously low. We found out the cord was wrapped around her neck tightly twice and according too doctors they are glad I didn't have a natural labour. She was 5lb 3oz and is perfectly healthy she has had some health issues since but that's due too under developed lungs and me not having steroids in time. So proud of my little superstar :-D future pregnancies will most likely will result in c sections due too being induced at 37 weeks but I would like a VBAC more than anything. My recovery has been slow due too infections but I wouldn't change anything x

Hello All! I am at 33+4 days with my second and last LO. My daughter is 5.5 years old. I was induced with her at 41+1 days. I was in labor for 12.5 hours and failed to progress with limited pelvic room. I am not eligible for a VBAC and I am okay with it.

Good Luck to everyone!!

:wave: Hi Ladies ~ Read all your stories, thankyou for sharing :coffee:

My name is Kelly & im 36 years old :flower:

My DS1 was born under GA emergency csection, after 11 hours labour & getting to pushing, he was stuck & got in distress ~ didnt get to see him until he was 6 hours old, as the stoopid hospital didnt wake me up :growlmad:

DS2 was due to be a VBAC, but he was so big, the Doctor suggested another csection, went into labour the day before it was planned for, so semi-emergency! But thankfully awake :thumbup:

DD was born at 39 weeks via elective csection ~ All went to plan :thumbup:

This LO, due 1st March, will be born via elective csection at 39 weeks also :baby:

It turns out that my pelvis is a shape that makes my LOs brow presentation & thus a natural delivery would not be possible anyway

Hey girls! :wave: My name is Megan, I am 21 and I am having a c-section in 2-3 weeks but possibly sooner due to suspected pre-eclampsia. I'm having a little boy named Edward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->