Introducing a DF?

BubbaG

Reaction score
Ok so I know my LO can go from 7pm - 5am without a feed, but recently he has started waking for a feed at 3am!!! This is a killer and it looks like it is not going to let up! He has his last feed at 7pm so just wondering whether at 16.5wks it is too late to introduce a DF?

I don't see why it would be too late - you should try it. Worst case scenario is that he wakes up later anyway.

I feed my LO her final bottle at around 11pm every night - she rarely, if ever, wakes up during it and it keeps her going until after 7 the next morning.

We found Ava-Mae started waking in the night around a similar time. She was getting plenty of ounces during the day so I wanted to make sure it was hunger she was waking for so I started giving her a dummy when she woke in the night and it settled her. I thought to myself if she was hungry then a dummy wouldn't settle her. She now sleeps through again.

Re dream feeds, they personally didn't work, but I guess there is no harm in you trying. If it doesn't work then you can always stop.

xx

Sounds like the onset of the 4 month sleep regression love. Things should settle down and go back to normal but how long it will last differs with each baby.

Fran has always woken once in the night and we have tried df a few times but she still woke in the night so she just ended up taking an extra bottle that she didn't really need.

About 3wks ago she started waking for an extra feed in the night so I know how you feel lol. After a few nights, when she started fussing, instead of going straight down to get her a bottle I tried popping her dummy back in and just waiting to see if she would settle first. She soon dropped that extra feed again and is back down to one a night.

I know df really works for some babies though, I hope it does for yours xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"