Introducing a doidy cup

Tacey

Reaction score
We've got LO a doidy cup, but I'm not sure how to introduce it. She has no idea what it is for yet and I wondered if I should hold it to her mouth to show her. We're starting baby led weaning properly next week and holding it for her doesn't seem like a very blw thing to do. Any tips?

I let G discover his doidy and then once he had hold of it I helped guide it. He still needs help steadying it...

Did you start off with it empty or always put water in? I wondered if I should let her play with it first so she can manipulate it better.

He had it with just about a centimetre of water. Oh and we have it in the bath too and he gets no help there

Theakston still can't use his. He has this new game of just picking everything up and bashing it against the table. I give him a pre-loaded spoon and he smashes it into the table so all the food flies off and then sticks it in his mouth to try and eat, and of course there's nothing on it. I've tried a sippy cup and I let him hold the handles and then I guide it but it doesn't work. The doidy is even worse. He'll still attempt to drink out of my mug though!

Good luck with it!

We introduced the doidy at 6.5 months. At first I held it and pretty much poured it into her mouth, very slowly, a little at a time. A couple of months later she started holding it, i still had to tip it though. Now she drinks unaided from it but I have to be right on hand to grab it off her when she's taken each sip because she will throw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->