Introducing Gabriel James born at 30 weeks 5 dys Update page 3

Hi ladies,

A bit of an update. Gabriel is 1 week old today and he is doing great. I got to hold him for the first time today! He was off his cpap and was breathing well. I held him for over an hour and it was so hard to let go. He still has some jaundice and he still has his IV in but they are going to take it out tomorrow. He is digesting well and has 20ml of milk every 3 hours. I hope he starts putting on some weight soon. Here is his lastest photo!

He is sooooo gorgeous! That first cuddle is just so special - I had my first cuddle with Sophie last weekend, 3 weeks after she was born, and daddy had his first cuddle yesterday. Try not to worry if he has to go back on CPAP etc - he is still so little and they do get tired out quickly - it's brilliant that he is able to manage without it already. Sophie was on CPAP rather than a ventilator but was put onto the ventilator at 29 weeks for a few days because she was having quite a lot of dips, but she was fine when she came back off it and they have tried her off the CPAP a few times and she is starting to get better off it. She was just 27 weeks when she was born. She is now nearly 4 weeks old (would be 31 weeks on Sunday if I was still pregnant) and is really starting to put weight on now. When she was first born she was getting 0.5ml of milk every 3 hours but they have gradually increased it and she now gets 9ml every hours but they are doing half breastmilk, half formula to put weight on her. She will then go back to just breastmilk. The nurse told us yesterday that once they reach around 30-32 weeks you really start to see them put weight on, and once it starts, you see big changes really regularly, so I'm sure that will happen with your little man. He looks absolutely great on the pictures, Sophie was so tiny and thin and red when she was born and is really starting to fill out now so I'm sure your little one will do really well.

He really does look fantastic and it sounds as if he is doing brilliantly :) They told us that nobody gets by without any little setbacks at all and that we've not to be disheartened by it when we get one or two.

I'm sure he will reach his due date in no time at all, and be home with you before you know it. It is really hard not taking your baby home, I just can't wait for the day that Sophie comes home and feels like "our" baby. It's hard having to wait to be invited to have a cuddle or change a nappy isn't it?

If you need to talk to someone else going through it at the moment, pm me.

xxx

Congratulations, Gabriel looks gorgeous and considering he was early he is doing so well. It is hard in the beginning and it is an emotional rollercoaster but never stop believing in your LO, I did and she proved me wrong! Big hugs! x

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your support! Gabriel is doing very well. He is now 33 weeks and 3 days! He is changing and getting bigger every day. His breathing problems have resolved themselves and he is digesting 38ml of milk every 3 hours. If he continues like this we will have him home in the middle of May 3 weeks before his due date! Please cross your fingers! I can't wait to have him home! Here a few pictures taken today.

Attachments

• GABSALUT.jpg
    GABSALUT.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 15
So wonderful and doing so well... Fingers crossed he is home as soon as possible!!!! :dust: :dust: :hugs:

ohhh Gabriel is just gorgeous and doing so well congrats xx

Hiya hun, after 8 long weeks with Jenson being in nnu, i know exactly what you are going through.

Pm me if you need anything xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->