Introducing Isabelle Faith :) - birth story and pics -

Kaila

Reaction score
I think its time i introduced my little girl to you all :)
She was due on the 29th August, but decided to come into the world on the 28th June at 31+1 weeks, weighing 3lbs 5 :cloud9:

Friday 25th June - I woke up about 9.30, completely soaked, i was wondering what it was at first, i only noticed it when my other half put his arm round me, i went into the bathroom, next thing i know gushhhh, i then realised it was my waters, i was sooo worried, i was shouting my other half, who thought i was shouting him for a brew!! I told him i think my waters had gone, he looked at me for a few seconds in shock, i was shaking i was so scared, so i told him to ring my mum, i didnt know what to do! Mum then had to calm us both down and told him to ring the labour ward, they asked him loads of questions and told us to go straight in. We then had to find a lift there, so i phoned my friend, who at the time was sitting in the doctors, she cancelled her appointment and came to take me.
We arrived at the hospital eventually at about 11ish, could have been later, so got there, didnt have a clue where the maternity bit was, so i was walking down the corridor, waters decided to gush more, i got some right looks :haha:, we eventually found the ward, they got me to a bed and they put me on a monitor to monitor Izzy's heartbeat, and started to take blood, and told me to wait for the doctor to come and see me. After being checked over, the doctor said my cervix was closed and they were going to give me some tablets to delay my labour and i may have to be transfered to a different hospital as they dont have the facilities for babies under 32weeks. They also said i needed two steriod injections to help Izzy's lungs to mature. Now i've never felt pain like it! She said it was going to go in my bum cheek and i swear she got it in my hip!
About 15mins later i heard the nurses say i was being transfered to Arrowe Park Hospital, i didnt have a clew where this was!! Turns out Merseyside, which is like an hour and half drive away from Macclesfield where i was!
3.30pm the ambulance came, had a long drive to Arrowe Park hospital, they got me there and i started to feel tightenings, so they checked me over and put me back on a monitor and cervix was still closed, i was then givin the second steroid injection and some tablets to help calm the tightenings so i could sleep. I was on the monitor til about 1am, then they decided i could have some sleep, i then needed to pee, as i stood up, more waters seemed to gush!! i was like woahhh!!! lol so the nurse had to get me some hospital clothes as all the trousers i'd packed i'd soaked, hospital clothes really aren't attractive! Some doctors from the Neonatal Unit then came in to give us a talk on what would happen if i went into labour and how they would handle things, i guess preparing me for the worse, after the half hour talk, I then slept but got woken up at 4am for them to just quickly listen in to Izzy making sure she's being a good girl :)

Saturday 26th - I got woken up at 6.30 for more blood tests, blood pressure and to be put on the monitor again. I was on the monitor about 3 hours until they decided to move me from the delivery suite to the labour ward.
I got a nice room in the labour ward, i was pretty impressed to be honest! Other half got his stepmum to come pick him up and get some more stuff from home, i felt to bad she drove all the way to pick him up to just get me some more clothes and to pick some snacks up, hospital food isnt the way forward! So throughout the day after him getting the stuff, we just played games and tried to pass sometime. Nurses and the doctor then came in to check me over again, nopey still nothing! but i was on the monitor for most of the day as i was getting tightenings, but the monitor didnt seem to pick up much even though the doctor saw i was getting them. The day didn't really have much more in it, apart from them waking me up when i was just sleeping and being on the monitor for most of the day!

Sunday 27th - I was up about 10ish as i refused to go for breakfast :blush: lol
I was still getting tightenings but nothing really to be worried about as my cervix was still closed. One nurse came in telling me i need to get up and walk around abit or i'd have to have them socks on for blood clots in my legs, so i got up, some other nurse came in not long after and told me to get back in bed i need to build my waters up, i was confused and decided to go for alittle walk with the other half outside, instead of using the lift i decided to take the stairs, and we walked around for about half an hour then i got tired so went back to my room. When i got back i started to get some period pains, i didnt think much of it. Carried on the rest of the day, had some food, and was back on the monitor and having my blood pressure and temperature done every few hours. We decided to go to bed at about 12.30 and i got woken up at 1.30 i was in so much pain, i thought to myself this is it, i then buzzed for the nurse, but they never came to me, 3 hours passed and i carried on getting the pains and tightenings and i woke my other half up and told him, he then kept ringing the buzzer and they eventually came to me, i told them i was in pain, the nurse saw i was getting the tightenings every 10 minutes, she then called for the doctor to come up. He came up to check me, turns out this was it, i was already 3cm dilated, i was then taken down to the delivery suite.

Monday 28th - Down to the delivery suite i go at 5.40am, i went to stand up out of the wheelchair i was in, pains were getting stronger. After it had passed i managed to get on the bed, and they gave me gas and air. The first lot i had, wow, my whole face went tingly and i couldnt keep my head up :haha:
The next few contractions were getting more painful, i burst out crying cos the gas and air really wasnt helping me, so they gave me a pethadine injection. I couldnt believe i actually refused the epidural as i planned on having one!
After the Pethadine injection, it kicked in about 15 mins after having it, i started to fall asleep, but then wake up for the next contraction. My mum and other halfs stepmum then turned up, my mum running in the room pushing the midwife out of the way :haha: i was out of it so i had no idea what was going on. When i had a contraction i was sucking the gas and air so much, i woke up at 10.20am and 12.30, but from about 7am until 2.30pm i only remember little things like, when they would try to move me to change the sheet from under me, as i was bleeding alot apparently. At one point apparently my other half got so worried about how much blood there was, bless him. Through this i was starting to growl when i had a contraction and i got really nasty with one of the midwives as she kept pushing my tummy down everytime i had a contraction.
My mum and other half have been telling me things about how i was during the labour, and i nearly broke both my mum and other halfs hands, stopped him from going for a drink and a quick snack as he was feeling faint and nearly hitting him during my contractions :blush: i dont remember any of this!
I dont really remember too much, until about 2.30 i started to want to push, they told me not to, so i was sucking the gas and air so much trying to stop myself from pushing, then all the Neonatal staff came rushing in, and the doctor came to check how much i was dilated, she was shock to see i was fully dilated and it was time to push! they kept trying to get me to drink water too and one person even decided to tip some all over me! i wasnt happy!!
I then pushed on 3 contractions, i was fed up of people telling me to push i could have swung for everyone :haha:, and then Isabelle Faith came into the world at 14.40pm weighing 3lbs 5, still in the membranes and placenta. Apparently this is lucky according to one of the midwives. After getting her out of the membranes she instantly started to cry! i was so happy to hear her, as i was told she might need help breathing when she was born. I got to hold her for all of a minute. I looked at my mum saw her crying, which then i burst out crying, happy tears!! Other half was just standing in shock.
The first words out of my mouth were "relief!" and then i asked if she was definately a girl :blush: :haha: i didnt even need stitches which i was really proud of :D and relieved as that was my biggest fear! I then agreed to give Isabelle donated breast milk to help her that bit more.
After labour i was fine, sitting up talking to my mum and the midwives :]
Nothing beats a nice shower after labour!!

After my shower they took me up to see Isabelle, i couldnt believe how tiny she was, although she does have long fingers and toes so i think she may take after her daddy hehe
Isabelle didnt need any oxygen or anything to help her when she went to the neonatal unit, she was asleep, she had a feeding tube and a little drip in the hand. Didnt get to see her long as they wanted to get me on the ward and settled to sleep.
Other half then sorted out for us to stay in the Ronald McDonald House in the hospital as we weren't from around the area and obviously wanted to stay with Izzy. I was discharged from the ward the next morning.

We stayed at Arrowe Park Hospital for 10 days. It felt longerrrrr! Isabelle was moved from intensive care and put in another part of the neonatal unit as she was doing well, she was under the blue light for a day for jaundice, but i was happy it was just the one day! and her drip got removed on the wednesday too as all her blood results came back negative and didnt need her antibiotics hehe

Isabelle was transfered back on the 5th July. I was so happy to get her local so we could get home to sort her stuff out. She was taken out of the incubator on the 7th July and put in a crib :happydance: when they rang to tell me i was sooo happy! one step closer to her coming home! she has a heated mattress on there until she can control her temperature properly, and the temperature on the mattress got lowered the first day so i was more happy :)

Now Isabelle is on 30ml of milk, they are weaning her off the donated milk and giving her special prem milk. She loves her milk! she wakes up for feeds and now takes most of it out of a bottle!
We just need to wait for her to put weight on and for her feeds to go up as they want her on 150ml. She's doing really well so i dont think she's gonna be there long as she already had extra milk the other night as she was still hungry hehe. My little princess is lovely and i cant wait to get her home!
She's already a little character and also a pro at getting her foot probe off her foot :haha:.

Here's some pics of her i thought i'd share :)

Attachments

• 02072010783.jpg
    02072010783.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Cutie.jpg
    Cutie.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 54
  • PIC_0021.jpg
    PIC_0021.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 47
  • izzy3.jpg
    izzy3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 58
  • PIC_0023.jpg
    PIC_0023.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 48
OMG! That's so early! I'm glad that both you and her are doing well. I hope you get to take her home soon.

Congrats on your little bundle, even if she's still not with you.

Congratulation, I hope things continue to progress well for you and your LO

what a beautiful strong girl you have! congrats to you and good luck with everything. hope your girl is at home with you soon xx

that was a wonderful story!! congratss! :) she absolutely beautiful!

Aah congrats hun- she's beautiful!! Hope you get to take her home soon!

Awww wow congratulations she is so beautiful :cloud9:

Thanks so much for shraing your story, no one tells you what to expect if you go into labour early, I know the hospital where I am going doesnt deal with babies born before 32 weeks either... So pleased for you all and congratulations xxx

congratulations shes beautiful and she looks like such a content baby hope shes home with you soon xx

Huge congrats hun!! I am so pleased she is doing well, you guys must be so proud!
xxx

big congrats she is beautiful im so glad she is doing well i hope you get to take her home soon xxx

Your post made me cry! She's beautiful, congratulations.xxxx

I can't believe that you were only due 4 weeks ahead of me and you have your baby!!! Enjoy her, she's gorgeous!xx

Oh hunny, congratulations and glad you're both well! |Thanks for sharing :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->