Introducing: Leo Jackson 17/04/09

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Well here I am with my little boy...at last!:cloud9:
My Birth Story

As some of you may know I was booked In for Induction on 16th April at 10:00 pm due to possible huge baby and my SPD. We arrived at just gone 9pm and I was given my first prostin pessary at 11 pm after being monitored for half an hour. I was examined and found to be quite favorable and was 1-2 cms dilated and given a Bishops score of 5/12...not sure what this means? The pains started straightaway but trailed off after 45 mins and they kicked Ant out at around 12 pm! He didnt want to come back home 'just incase' and so slept in the car on the hospital carpark!
I had a good nights sleep and was woken at 6 am for another examination and I was about the same as last night and I had my 2nd pessary. This time the prostin pains started immediately and didnt trail off. I was told that if I didnt go into established labour myself by 2 pm then I would be taken to L&D and my waters broken but as it happens my prostin pains turned to regular contractions at about 12 midday and by 1 pm they were coming every 3 mins and starting to get painful! The m/w came to check me and I was chuffed to hear I was 3cm and in Active labour! Yay! I was left to labour on the ward as L&D was really busy and I was finally taken down there around 2pm.
I was given g&a and oh my god! what a releif that stuff is!!! I was as high as a kite! lol! I was laughing and joking inbetwen the contractions with Ant and my best mate Jo, who was there for the ride too! My waters were then broken around 2:30 pm and there was loads of it!!! The m/w actually jumped off the end of the bed as it just went everywhere! This is where the serious pain began!
The contractions were about 2 mins apart but very intense and I was given a shot of diamorphine which made me feel like I was in a trance, but good all the same! I remember a doctor coming in and putting a needle in my arm and mentioning something about a drip if my contractions didnt speed up, I was adamant I didnt want a drip!! Luckily the contractions speeded up and I was checked about 5 pm again and I was 8cm dilated. I was in agony but still declined the epi.....Oh god I wish I had taken it, for some reason I thought that if I was 8cm now and the pains were coming every min then it couldnt get much worse! Silly me! Its amazing how you forget!
I was asked if I wanted to push yet and even though it wasnt an overwhelming urge I pushed a little...I wanted it over with! By 5.40 pm I really did want to push, so bad! I was in so much pain I swear I thought I was going to die! Ant and Jo were brilliant though, I had ants arm and my head was on his chest I think I was trying to squeeze the life outa him too!
5:45 pm I had decided I had had enough and this baby was coming out NOW....I took in a huge deep breath and I just pushed and I could feel him coming down the birth canal and I knew his head was coming out! I didnt stop for a breath and Ant was squealing at me to take a breath but I just couldnt..I didnt take a breath until the m/w said his head was out. They both said they thought I was going to pass out as I went that red and my face looked like it was going to expolde!
I remember wishing for the next contraction to hurry up so I could push out his body and it felt like forever coming I can tell you....! It took one more push and Leo Anthony Paul Jackson was born into our lives weighing in at 8lb 11 oz, 56cms long. :cloud9:

To say I adore the little chap is an understatement! He is my world.:cloud9::cloud9:

Here are some piccies.....

Congratulations! He is adorable! xx

Many congratulations Jacqui - Leo is a gorgeous baby. The new born pictures are just lovely to see. Wishing urself, ur OH & Leo all the best for the future :hug:

Aww he is gorgeous hun! You must be very proud of your little man :cloud9:

xxx

Awwwwwww he's soooooo cute!! Well done you you did so well.
XXXX

so cute !! and bless OH for sleeping in carpark .... awww :) xx

Oh Jacqui! He's beautiful! Well done you!! Love to you, Ant and all 4 kiddies! xxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS hun

Hes gorgeous :blue:

x

Congratulations.Your baby boy is so gorgeous x x

awww jac, glad all went well and hes here!!!!! hes so lovely :) congrats sweetheart xx

Congratulations he is beautiful x

Feels like just a few months ago you got your BFP and now beautiful LEO is here! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->