Introducing lumps

lynz

mum of 2 princesses
Reaction score
How do you do it???chloe-marie is still on smooth texture tried to give her some mashed banana and she gagged and ended up projectile vomiting back up her bottle and meal. She is beginning to try and chew her puree maybe i did too much too soon?

hmm I'm not sure. Hannah's had lumps for ages (she eats whole banana pieces, avocado, berries etc. etc.) Have you tried her with a rusk? They melt easily but still might help her to practice chewing

I tried with a rusk mashed with formula she hated it, spat the whole thing out lol she won't even hold one

hmm well there goes my idea. Have you tried some of the thicker purees? that she'd have to chew a bit more? Or add rice (never did this myself Hannah hated it) to get her used to thicker textures?

or toast with a bit of butter or apple sauce?

I'm sorry I really don't know what to suggest, just throwing out things that we've done

Hannah does gag on new foods but she's never gotten sick from it

Jasmine gets lumps if her cereal is lumpy and is fine... I got nothing. ?There are these things you can fill with fruite that they have to chew on.

My baby's first lumpy food was mashed baked beans then whole baked beans. They taste quite sweet so it's a taste babies like.

i never thought of beans i thought they would have been a no-go because of the skin????

i think they would probably be a no go because of the amount of salt! Personally i would avoid them, tinned baked beans that is, they have tons of salt and sugar....you could make your own or try cooking some lentils.

I'm having a similar problem with Amelia at the moment she was ok with lumpy stuff but not anymore and she won't eat anything unless it is sweet!

Courtney just took it really well... my mum mashed spaghetti bolagnese... and she took it no problems!
When she was a few days short of 6 months I tried her with toast and I was actually amazed at how well she took it...!! She has sandwhiches all the time now and organix biscuits ...they are alot less messy than rusks but are harder!!

Maybe it was the banana she didnt take to well... courtneys quite sick on banana too!! Instead of pureeing her veg maybe just mash well and see how she takes to it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->