Introducing Miles Keir Vos (4 days overdue) 21-05-09

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was going to try and keep it short, but I see I have gone into 'novel writing' haha...

Wednesday 20 May - 3:45am
Woke up to really bad pains in my back and belly that lasted a few seconds, decided to get up and look up my pregnancy books (and google)...

Started timing the 'pains' and in the meantime read that they were contractions in my back (and theoretically the most painful contractions, great!!!)

The contractions were coming every 15 mins and finally I fell asleep at 7-8am but awake with huge stabbing pains in my back again.... this was pretty much me awake until the birth!

Contractions came and went all day being very irregular, coming from 7 mins to 1 hour.

Called the midwife around 3pm on Wednesday to say they were coming around every 10 mins and what to do, she said to try and rest between them (yeah right, very difficult) and to wait and call again when they were 3 mins apart.... she also warned me that they could just stop and not come back again for a few days, which I was NOT happy about, I wanted to meet my baby ASAP!

I was HOPING this was it and I would meet my baby soon, but of course you never know, they could just stop.... I got through the rest of the day by watching 24, reading more about labour in my books and online and just trying to rest.

Thursday 21 May - 1am
Called the midwife as they were coming every 5 mind and I kid you not the pains were just so unbearable!!!! She said to take 2 paracetamol (didnt help 1 bit), she also gave me a tablet to help me sleep as she said I really had to rest (I maybe got 30 mins sleep).

After checking me internally I was only 1 cm :( so she said just to rest (yeah right).

I have to say that with these back contractions Pregnancy Yoga didnt help one bit. The most comfy position to be in was on all fours on the ground and just to try and breath through them (they were lasting about 1 min). I also found saviour in the toilet and basically got through the contraction by pushing as hard as I could as that was the only way I could get through the pain.

04:00
Lost my plug, I have to say the plug was far more than I was expecting!!!

05:30
Maarten called the midwife to say my contractions were coming every 1-2 mins, by this time I would have taken ANY painkillers possible, but when she came an checked me I was 6 cm and she said I was too far gone for painkillers and I would manage it :hissy:

She told us to call a taxi and get to the hospital, and by this time my waters had not broken, so she said they would have to be broken in hospital.

06:10
The taxi called to say they were waiting, at this time I had to urgently go to the toilet (for one last 'push') and when I did my waters broke - VERY good timing!!!!

I have NO idea how I managed this but got in the taxi and got into the hospital (had a huge contraction in the taxi, poor driver!!! But what a saint, he drove so steadily).

06:45
Finally got into the hospital room (they were really busy and at first didnt have a room for me, so we had to wait a bit until the room was clean) - again I spent this time having contractions on the loo.

The midwife arrived when I was on all fours on the hospital bed. Dignity goes ALLLLL out the window for sure!!!! There I was with my old vest on and socks trying to get through these contractions...

Got myself into position and started to push.... well, no one can ever explain how that feels. At this time I was just so focussed to meet my baby and get him out. I honestly though at some pushes that I was going to combust....

07:40
Our beautiful son was born :cloud9:
4 days overdue, with no pain relief and with me only needing 2 minor internal stitches.

I cannot tell you how happy and in love this little person makes us! Every single bit of the pregnancy and labour was worth it and we are just so in love.

As for my OH, Maarten, what an angel!!!!! He left me to it when I just had to deal with the pains, was a tower of strength when I needed him, was there (watching and interested) in the whole 'gorey' labour and after (unfortunately I needed a catheter after the birth to drain my bladder), watched as all dignity went out the window, as well as helping dress and undress me. I dont know what I would have done without him!!! :cloud9:

Miles Keir Vos
07:40
21 May 2009
7,6 pounds
50 cm

Here he is:
https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs094.snc1/4694_88108685582_624350582_2216222_6901367_n.jpg

https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs094.snc1/4694_88402730582_624350582_2219685_7896163_n.jpg

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4694/111/65/624350582/n624350582_2219746_7636739.jpg

https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4694/111/65/624350582/n624350582_2219689_2983850.jpg

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4694/111/65/624350582/n624350582_2219687_3561460.jpg

Wow what a story and wow a fantastic job you did! I've been dying to hear the full story and what a story. I can't believe you only just made it to the hospital on time!

He is absolutely gorgeous, I feel like i'm stalking you as i'm staring at him a lot!!!
XXX

congrats hun.
hes gorgeous!!!
you did well by the sounds of it!!
:hugs:

He is GORGEOUS! :D

Well done you for doing it without pain relief. Huge congrats. Hopefully more of the 17th babies will be joining you soon! :D

Thanks alot :) :hugs:

Lyndsey - I think we are stalking each other, hahahaha :D

Monkeh - I'm sending you SOO much labour :dust:, come on little one!!!!

Here are some more pics of little Miles:

Pics of Miles by Papa

xxx

oh my goodness, he is absolutely GORGEOUS! He has to be one of the cutest babies I've seen in a while (though they are all beautiful) but my god! :cloud9: congratulations, hun :hugs:

oh my goodness, he is absolutely GORGEOUS! He has to be one of the cutest babies I've seen in a while (though they are all beautiful) but my god! :cloud9: congratulations, hun :hugs:

Thanks alot!!! :hugs:

I honestly cannot stop staring at him :cloud9:

xxx

Congratulations, what a story! He is gorgeous, love his pouty lips! xx

Wow he is stunning, just read the whole birth story and my hubby too and we were so moved :)
Have also threatened hubby right now that he BETTER make sure there is time for pain relief or else!!! He is busy googling taxi's right now to make sure we have a number on hand!

Thanks alot everyone!!!

And thanks for taking the time to read the birth story :)

Hugs to you all :hugs:

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"