Introducing more meals....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
How do you decide when it's time to go to 3 'meals' a day??

At the moment Hebe's done a straight swap of one of her morning feeds for breakfast - porridge - and one tea time feed for veggies.

We started with a half portion of porridge which quickly went to a full portion. We did the same with the veg - started with 50g and moved to 100g which has now extended to 100g plus about 40g of fruit or a Petit Filous (sp). The rest of the time it's the same pattern she's had pretty much since the start with her BFing.

So when do I add 'lunch' in to the mix?? I only really got thinking about this as I was signing the contract and so on for her nursery school place and there were bits about likes/dislikes and what they have and when etc.

TIA :D

My friends baby is 6.5 months and she has 3 meals a day, plus 2 bottles..

So...lol just thought i'd let you know that :rofl:

Hannah was put onto three meals a day around 5.5 months....maybe a bit later but not much. And though I know not everyone will agree and I'm sure some will argue with me/question me but Hannah's never ever been a big milk drinker and we were having problems getting her to accept her bottle but she was fine with solids....so we started giving more solids and the same amount of bottles. Worked really well until she hit 7 months old :rofl: :rofl:

My first wasnt a big milk drinker once she got the choice. Even now (aged 14) she still doesnt have milk, eggs, cheese.....she pretty much avoids all dairy foods.

I have been wondering this with Harry too, he has lunch and dinner and ive been wondering when to add breakfast, he has about 6 bfeeds in 24 hours so probably similar to Hebe, i shall be stalking the replies!!! :rofl: xx

She has 1 feed when she wakes, breakfast, 3 more feeds, tea, 3 more feeds then bed.

Harry has bf 6am, bf 9am, lunch 12, bf 3pm, dinner 6pm, bf 6.30pm, bf 10/11pm so im wondering when to swap the 9am for a breakfast, i never know when these things should be done!! x

I had Ellie on lunch and dinner for awhile before upping her to breakfast aswell she started wanting an extra feed in the morning she normally has a milk feed when she wakes up then she has cereal then about 10ish she has another milk feed she started wanting another one so i though noway she can have some bloody breakfast lol.

I have been wondering too... Jasmine mostly has 1 meal a day, although ive given her breakfast before too... She is still mostly on beginner veggies and fruits, I havent tried much more lol. Here the HV's are recommending meat as a first food too, which im kind of skeptical of.

Although she is drinking alot of milk now, so maybe its time to really add another meal...

We were told that they should have 3 meals by 9-10mo...earlier is ok but that that was about the normal time. If they have too much they will cut back on their milk intake which should be their main source of nutrition through the first year. If she seems fine with the 2 I would stay with that for awhile longer.

Well on the advice of my h/v I had Poppy on 3 meals about 4-5 weeks after introducing solids. She doesn't have loads at each meal but has solids at approx 9am, 1pm and 5pm. Still on veg/fruit, no meat or fish yet, despite what I was told!

She is quite erratic with her b/fs though, and seems to want her milk before her meal (she cries if I try to give solids first) as well as at other times, so I am worried about how she'll drop feeds. By the time I go back to work when she's 1 :cry:I really want her to be just on morning/night feeds (I think this is a matter for a whole other thread!):blush:

Not sure if that helps! xx

i've been giving katie 3 meals for ages now. well it seems ages! she was always hungry about an hour or so after her first morning feed, so we started with breakfast.

i dunno how its gona work now we're FF tho. she didnt eat all her dinner last night so i dunno.

she used to have 2or 3 BF, then breakfast. 3or4 BF then lunch, a million BF then dinner and then an hour or so's BF before bed. and she'd have 4 icecubes for each meal and 5 spoons of cereal!!

Thanks everyone. :D

I'm not bothering with meat - I'm veggie and so she will be for a while longer till the two meat eaters in the house turn her head :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->