Introducing myself and need help!

Marci

Reaction score
Well, first of all hello to all you beautiful moms and (hopefully) soon-to-be mommys. This is my first post. :haha:

I'm just recently starting to get into this whole pregnancy thing, so, I'm not quite sure what to expect. I've never really thought about having kids until recent events which lead me to believe that I may be pregnant or having a chemical pregnancy! I'm sorry if I don't know all the pregnancy acronyms yet, so, please bear with me.

My dilemma is that the last time I had my AF was on Sept. 4th of this year. But then again, I'm irregular most of the time. I used to go up to 3-4 months without it until recently. This whole year I've had it almost every 30-40 days. But I strongly suspect I may have PCOS. I've never had this confirmed, but from all the research I've done online, I'm pretty sure I have it.

So, normally I wouldn't be concerned. But on Sept. 18th, I started to get really bad nausea (which I've never experienced before) and it lasted about a week. I also noticed my CM was white and sort of excessive (sorry, tmi :blush:). Which I have never had in my life either and even had the tiniest bit for spotting (like a drop, it was redish/pink with some transparent CM, but this was before the nausea). Immediately, I thought that I might be pregnant, so I took an AHPT and got a BFN. I then decided to forget about it.

Then a while after that, I noticed my belly started to grow a bit and I was constantly feeling bloated. I also noticed that I spotted yet again (this time it was dark brown, very little and lasted 3 days). Again, I took another test and got a BFN result. I thought it was just my imagination and forgot about it like the last time.

But for the past 9 days I've been getting menstrual-like pain. It started on my left ovary the first two days (I was so concerned about having an ectopic pregnancy), but then started to concentrate on my uterus area. It's not very strong, but it is uncomfortable. I've noticed it happens after I eat sometimes, but not always. I read that some people just get gas, but this very definitely feels like my AF is about to start. I should also mention that my whole life, I've never had strong menstrual pain. I usually have slight discomfort for about 5-10 mins and then immediately goes away and that's how I know my AF will begin the next morning.

I have done 2 more AHPTs since the first two (last one was two weeks ago), and all have come up negative. (I will mention, however that only one was done in the AM and another one did have a slight pink line that moved and then disappeared).

I'm just not sure what to think anymore. I'm currently living in another country and I don't trust the healthcare system here, so I haven't gone to the Doctor's yet. I will be traveling back to North America soon anyway, and hopefully I'll be able to get some clear answers.

I have read so many things online, about pregnancy tests being wrong, women thinking themselves into being pregnant and creating symptoms, incorrect test results, etc... This is driving me mad! Hahaha. :wacko:

But, I'm hoping someone has gone through something similar and can help me understand what may be going on in the meantime.

So, here's a little more info:

- I'm 25.
- I'm married. (DH is really excited about the prospect of having kids)
- I've never had children.
- I haven't been actively TTC, but would love to.

Here are some other symptoms:

- No AF since Sept. 4th.
- Nausea (that went away).
- Feeling bloated.
- Feeling extra hungry.
- Upper part of my stomach has been popping up a bit more (maybe from eating a lot?).
- Thick, white CM.
- Spotting.
- Feeling extremely tired and sleepy.
- Some constipation.
- Lower back hurts a lot.
- Slight menstrual-like pain for 9 days.

Wooo! That was long!!! Thank you for reading, everyone! :coffee:

Unfortunately, all those symptoms can be symptoms of other things too, so it's hard to make a guess by symptoms. I'd suggesting testing again with a reliable test, and if it's negative then you may want to get checked out once you get back home. if you do have PCOS, then missing a few months isn't unusual, I don't think. Good luck.

Hey Marci...Im gonna tell you what the doctors have told me, they said that I have PCOS! Im sure you know what that means if you did your research but seriously with PCOS you can still get PREGNANT. If you can ovulate each month then hunney you can get pregnant. I suggest you go to the dollar store or walmart or anything retail store where you are and get a ovulation test and test yourself! Try to keep track of that. I've ovulate every month but God hasn't bless me yet with my miracle yet....jus in due time! Your not going crazy at all hun...I thought I was going crazy and being obsessed about this whole pregnancy thing. LoL but I really think you should see a doctor as soon as you get back to your home town. Just pray and believe in God that you will have that BABY!!! Keep me posted plz....

Hi Marci
I strongly urge you to seek medical advice in whichever country you are in. A doctor will be easily able to confirm if you are pregnant or not. If you are, a scan will show if the foetus has implanted correctly. Spotting is not normal during pregnancy and should not be ignored, so please for your own health, go to a doctor.
Good luck and take care! Let us know how you get on.
:dust:

Hi girls, thanks for your responses.

Torsornin: So, I did take another HPT and got a BFN. :dohh:

Scout: Yes, you're right. The symptoms could be other things. The odd thing is that I've never had all these things happen to me simultaneously. And I did take another test, but unfortunately it wasn't a reliable brand. Just the cheap kind.

miraclebabi: You are very sweet. I have done a lot of research on PCOS and I know that if I have it, it's still possible for me to conceive. I'm not sure how those ovulation tests work, but I will check them out. And yes, I'm praying to God as well!!! I really hope I'm pregnant and can have a healthy baby. Thank you for your encouragement and I wish you the best luck as well!!!

Xenia: Thanks for the concern. You are right, I probably should go checked out soon. My DH keeps telling me that! LOL.

Well girls, as far as updates go, still no AF. Like I said, I did take another HPT and got a BFN. The cramps have diminished but keep coming whenever I finish urinating sometimes or when I'm stressed out. I've also been getting mild heat rash on my chest, which I've never had before, keep forgetting things and my nipples have been sensitive. Again, I know all those things could just be coincidence.

I will keep you guys updated with any news in the following weeks.

Take care everyone and as they say: "Baby dust to all of you!" :hugs:

good luck. i understand what you mean about questionable healthcare. maybe you should research foreign doctors. thats what i did here and found an ob-gyn from europe who speaks english. and im in the mountains in china. you should def keep testing though. :dust: to all you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->