Introducing myself

peanut56

Mom to Hana & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just had my baby girl on Saturday the 9th, and need to lose A LOT of weight now. I gained about 60 pounds (!!!) during my pregnancy...I lost about 20 of it when she was born, but still have that extra 40 pounds. Not only that, but I was about 50 pounds overweight when I got pregnant, so ideally I would like to lose 90-95 pounds. This seems very daunting. Right now, I'm the biggest I have ever been in my life. It's hard not to get depressed about it.
I've always had weight problems, especially the last 5 years. I'm a pro at yo-yoing...gaining a bunch of weight, losing a bunch of weight, gaining then losing, you get the idea. I was in the "gain" stage when I got pregnant.
So I just wanted to say hi! I am going to give myself another week maybe then I am going to join Weight Watchers (again). Weight Watchers has always been my "diet" of choice, and it's always been very successful for me...until I gain the weight back, that is!

Welcome!
20lbs is a great start to kick of your weight loss journey. Use that as momentum. Take it one week at a time. Do you plan on formula feeding or breast feeding? I only ask because breast feeding helps the process go faster. (I'm sure you've been told that a million times) :)
Congrats on your bundle of joy! It goes by so fast! My lo is almost 8 months! Like u I Gained alot of weight! 65lbs ish....went from a 150 to 215 and back down to 158. What is your goal? Maybe we can keep eachother company on our journey?

You can lose the mommy weight plus more..slowly by surely! :)

Hi there

Congrats on birth of your LO. Personally id wait till 4-6wks before taking on anything major. Just do little changes to start with, doing little changes a week have a much bigger impact on you long term.

Ive gone from 9st too 17st 2lb after having to kids. Im back in 12st now. So im getting there.

Good luck.

Hiya!
I am doing slimming world because I find that it is easy to blend in with my family life. The kids will eat what I cook as will my OH as long as its not got too much veg on it for him! Lol.
I used to weigh 10st and when I was prengnant I weighed 11st but I put my weight on after they were born and I was 13.9st when I went to slimming world.. I was stuck in a rut a few weeks back so I have decided to swap classes and I am not with another group and I am getting there.
Hope you find something your happy with! Happy Slimming

Thanks so much!
My plan was to breastfeed. It still is my plan, however, when my baby was born, she was very jaundiced. The doctors told me the best thing for it (other than the phototherapy) was to give her both breast milk and formula, because the more she ate the better. So I had to do both, and now she doesn't want the breast and only wants the bottle. :( I have a pump and have been giving her breast milk that way, so she's still getting it, but does not want to take it from me. I'm still trying though!
Anyway, thanks again...I'm excited to get on the road to weight loss, but a bit nervous, just because I feel like I have SOO much to lose! :)

It's pretty rigorous but I lost all of my baby weight within in a few months of delivery by doing taebo. Coffee also helps to suppress my appetite sometimes.

Hi, I had my daughter 10 months ago. I was 8 stone and got up to a massive 15 stone!!
But happy to say Im now back to 9.5 stone and loving it. I used to boots diet. You can each what you want as long as its below the caleries you are allocated. If you stay with it - it will work but thats the same for any diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->