Introducing Nathan McLean Clark 24/04/09

elmaxie

Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.
Reaction score
First off a huge thanks to Rah for updating people on my texts and being on the other end of the mobile through out my pregnancy and being great buddy!!

Well I was due to go in on the 26th April to be induced on my due date but I was woken at 04:30am on Thursday 23rd by a really crampy period pain. I was more annoyed at being woken at this time as I had went to bed early the night before feeling unwell due to my over rich "mince and tatties":rofl:
But I startedto drift back off to sleep when another came 15 mins later and my mind started to think hmmmm so I recoreded all the times on my phone and they avearged 7 mins to 25 mins apart but most were 15 mins. I decided not tell Stuart who was starting work at 7am so off he went ( I must say I did end up telling him later in the morning)

This went on all day and I started to loose my plug and have my show as I called the hospital to make sure what was going on was all ok.

Bounced on my ball or just generally just sat on it or walked around a bit as the cramps were not too bad.
Stuart got sent home from work at 5pm as my pains got worse but not unbearable and I was finding I had to stop and breath a bit through them...I think I was in denial as when I did time them they were 3 mins apart:dohh:

So called hospital who said come in...arrived in a deserted maternity triage at about 8pm and waited about 1/2 hour to be seen all the time my pain growing worse and closer together. Another lady came in and got seen before me. This set the tone for this department am afraid.

I then got taken to a room, with a window that opened an inch, a desk, 2 hard chairs and an examination table. I was hooked up to CTG machine and tthen the night staff took over. My temp was high, BP high and pulse racing...(obviously labour shouldnt do this apparently:rofl:) so got lots of bloods done incase of infection. I was examined and she found me to be 2cm with bulging waters...looking back I think I was probably more but thats just my opinion. Sooo off she went with her thoughts of infection to see a dr to get me admitted to labour ward early (you cant go unless your 3cm dilated!) and said she would get the doctor to come and see me.
2 HOURS LATER...we were still in the really hot room, me starting to cry due to the pain and the fact the contractions were right on top of each other and nothing in the room was good for helping in labour so I found myself in funny positions on the desk, chair and table.
Dr eventually arrived and said oh are you in pain? well we will get you right up to labour ward in the mean time I will get mw to give you some pain relief.
Sooo I felt a bit better right up until I neede to pee and way to the toilet (I had been put in furthest away room!) I thought I wet myself...on the loo I realised it was my waters and had no control over them stopping. Found mw told her and she handed me what looked like 2 paracetamol. Back off to my room I went and this is the point I became a crazy woman though pain and stripped off and found myself on all fours on the exam table crying through pain. At this point mw returned and told me to stop being hysterical etc etc....Both OH and I dont know how either of us never lamped her one! So she examined me and swabbed me and said yeah it was your waters that went (this was now over an hour ago!!) eventualy we got moved to labour ward at 2am after serving 6 hours in triage being alone for 5 1/2 of these in a small room where noone checked us at all. I honestly thought that was where I was going to end up giving birth with only Stuart for help!

Up in labour suite I was welcomed, made as comfy as could be, put on monitor, examined and found to be 5-6cm, baby had monitor put on his head. I then got gas and air and had my epidural and left to sleep until 10cm.

At about 11ish it was starting to push....strange as it might sound I was able to feel my contractions but not all the pain just some and alot of pressure!

Nathan McLean Clark arrived at 12:45 weighing 8lb 11.5oz and measured 55cm long. I had a 2nd degree tear so had stitches whilst having cuddles.

Just born having skin to skin
https://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii227/Wedding-Stuff/IMG_0025.jpg

Cuddles with a proud daddy
https://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii227/Wedding-Stuff/DSCF2395.jpg

In his going home outfit...
https://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii227/Wedding-Stuff/intiggersuit.jpg

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Aww huge congrats hun! And he is absolutely gorgeous... I personally would be writing a huge complaint letter to the hospital about there triage staff though... That women telling you not to be hysterical makes me angry... You were in LABOR!!!! Obviously she has never had kids lol.

awww hunny congrats sorry you had to deal with everything :)

Congrats, Im sorry you had to deal with such unproffessional ppl!! But he soooo looks worth it :)

Congratulations he is beautiful x

congrats, hes gorgeous x

Awww congratulations hun, he looks lovely! sorry you had such crap attention at the Hospital :hugs: x

Congratulations Emma - Nathan is a wee stunner xxx

Aww congratulations! He's beautiful! You did an amazing job considering you were left to your own devices pretty much! I dont know how you didnt lamp them one! OMG!

He is so worth it though :cloud9:

Congrats hun, he is adorable!! Hope your enjoying him in this lovely sunny weather xx

sorry to hear you didnt have the best of care hes gorgeous though congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->