introducing Yasmin =)

Hotmum

Reaction score
Just to introduce my little princess for who doesn´t know yet
she was born saturday ( 04-30-2011 ) with 3.14 pounds 8 weeks early, due severe pre eclampsia !
I am still pretty emotional, but I know it is only baby blues, I hope everything works fine and she goes home healthy and happy =)

please I would like to hear your story, since I am kind lost in the preemie world, my son was also a premie but a OLDER premie and much different...
only 1 week in the NICU and 1 week at the hospital, I know she will take longer to go home...
She is on the Cpap, eating with a tube and having some trouble with her body temperature, but I know it is normal for a premie she also has apnea...

Anyone to share stories feel free !

here is my princess ( before going back to the cpap )

https://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj345/babillafon/IMAG0051.jpg

She's beautiful.

I have no experience with preemies but I wanted to post.

MRSrabbit thanks =) I think she looks a lot like my son, but it is deff to soon to tell lol

Agiboma- Thanks too hunn, I think you were the one who had pre E too right?
how s your lil one doing?

Congratulations!

My LO was born 6 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia. She was only in NICU for a week and had no medical issues. Hopefully your LO will be home soon too. It is hard with you at home and them in hospital, but in the long run it will be worth it. :hugs:

Good luck :hugs:

Yasmin is gorgeous :)

She is a lot bigger then im used to, Harry was a 24 weeker.

Any questions, feel free to ask xxxx

She's beautiful, My 2 32 weeker's were home in 3 weeks the only issues was feeding and breathing x

Aw Congratulations. Yasmine is Beeeeeautiful :)

aw congrats she is a wee cracker beautiful. We had to deliver Ellie at 33 weeks as she had IUGR and the blood flow was slowing from me to her we were in NICU for 7 weeks and came across a few health problems some of which Ellie is struggling with but she is now 24 weeks and she is a happy little thing xx

Bob 2331 Thanks honey!

Yes even if pre E and a week behind in the growth chart she is a good size !
Of course she loose weight and she is 3.4 pounds now =(
But it happens to ANY baby even full terms, so lol

and your little one stayed for how long?

-------------

Mumof42009 - And how was it? do you have a jornal? Yes she is having some trouble eating and breathing too... And thats funny because I had 2 cycles of steroids in a 4 week period, and idk... I didnt work as well ( I think, idk )

over all I am SUPER emotional today, I´ve seen babies born, come and go for the past week, and today I will be going home with hands empty...

full term moms have NO IDEA how luck they are, but I believe we are CHOOSEN, being a premie mom is not for anyone. PLUS in top of everything because she was early the only hospital that I could have her is in Boston ( a hour and 20 min from home) and even for patients the parking here is at least 10 to 15 dollars ( more if 24 hrs) plus gas, traffic...
I dont know how I am going to handle it, plus my 2 year is just as sad as we are, he´s being a wonderful big brother !

=( I cant stop crying

sorry crazy postpartum hormones are not helping either lol

Congratulations, she is beautiful!
My lo was born 12 n a half weeks early, 8 weeks ago, we r still in the hospital but hope to be home soon! Just keep remembering its not forever, she will b home soon but right now shes in the best place! My boy had (if i turned the monitor bk on peobably still has) a problem with his breathing, hes the bonging boy! But im sure uve been told, they do just grow out of it! These preemies are special, strong, little fighters! Dont worry about all mums comin and going, it will soon b ur turn xx keep your chin up xx

freddiesmum Yeah, thanks =) I will be going downstairs too see her today before leaving !... But it hurts, I think will be the happiest day when I bring her home...

Hopefully your little one gets home soon too hunn !

Congratulations hun!! Yasmin is gorgeous!!!

My LO Jessica was born at 24+4 due to severe Pre-e. Its not easy dear but you will get there and when you do it is worth every second. Take time to get yourself better too, your body has been through a huge amount as well and the best thing you can do for your LO is get yourself well and strong.

Hugs and if there is anything at all you want to ask you know where we are. xxx

Congratulations - Yasmin is gorgeous!

I had Sophie at 27 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia. She spent 12 weeks in neonatal - 7 in intensive care, 3 in high dependency and 2 in special care. Getting off her CPAP was her biggest issue but she got there in the end and she's now 13.5 months and as far as we know, has not been left with any problems at all. She's completely mad, hyper and keeps us on our toes!!

Any questions, we're all here for you :hugs:

Congratulations!!!! She is adorable! I had my LO at 29w and 5days due to Pre-eclampsia. She is still in the NICU and I know what you mean about being emotional. It has been exactly 1 month today and I still get weepy every now and then. But believe me it gets better. The time will FLY by and your baby girl will be home before you know it.

PrincessPea is absolutely correct - make sure you taking time to recover. it is really important and be sure to REST!

Please feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk more.

Hi guys I just stoped by to Thank you all the support here is awsome !

and give some update =)

She got out of Cpap after 5 days, and then had some oxygen for 3 days, now she is free and breathing on her own =D Yeaa

They also took the Ivs out couple days ago lol

The feeding tube will be there... They will only start trying the bottle in a week or so when she shows feeding cues, plus she just got out of the oxygen so... give it some time =)

She lost some weight in her first week, was went from 3.14 to 3.5 ... Now she is 3.13 =)

3 days old

https://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj345/babillafon/Yasmin002.jpg

and now =DD

https://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj345/babillafon/princesinha2.jpg

https://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj345/babillafon/princesinha3.jpg

-----------------

How the bottle feeding start ?

Will they keep the tube until she is good at it ?

Just asking =) I know they re only trying in a week or so, but I really wanted to know lol

MissMuffet08

I really hope yours get home soon too =)

I know I am supposed to rest =( but its pretty hard with a 2 year old ! Lol
I do get a break here and there, but honestly I need some more lol
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My BP still a little high and I m still in strong meds, how was your ladies recovery after Pre E

I am afraid of this crazy BP lasting forever =(
Plus I tried EVERYTHING to increase my milk ( from dark bear to pills ) and nothing seems to work... I am doing MUCH better right now
about 10 oz a day... JUST what she needs, but I know they will increase with time so I need to increase with her.

Any natural way ?
can it be because of strong meds and little rest ?
( I am current taking 2400 ml of labetalol a day and 40 mg of nifedipine.)

Congrats hotmum on the arrival of your little girl. I pray she is home with u soon healthy and strong. Just had a preemie 3 weeks ago at 24 + 5 weeks and she is doing great so far i can only pray that remains the case. Loving ur daughter's little white and purple polka dot outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->